EAA Witness Elite?

Waterengineer

There is an article in the new American Rifleman on the EAA Witness Elite. I don't claim to be a pistol guy but it seems like a good value. What are the general thoughts on that side arm?

kirkcdl

I shoot one in IPSC.I was the first at our local club to buy one,and almost everyone I've let shoot it went and bought one.One guy even bought 2,in different calibers.It is far and above the most accurate handgun I own,out of a count of 37.I got mine before the rest of the world found out,I paid $430 OTD,they're a bit more expensive now...

Sturmgewehre

What caliber is your Witness Elite? I've wanted one in 9mm for a while but I've read some pretty bad things about the 9mm version (the .40's and .45's seem to be ok).

kirkcdl

Mie is 40,I have a friend that bought a barrel from EAA in 10mm,he loves it...The guy I mentioned that has 2 has 9mm and 45,I haven't heard of any problems from him with either gun...

ZeSpectre

I came this close ----> <---- to buying an Elite in 10mm a few months back.
GADS I wish I'd done it.
Probably would have been the least fired gun in my collection but oh my what fun!

Skans

I own the EAA Witness Stock in 10mm. I just purchased it, shot it a couple of times, and love it! This is a more expensive model than the Witness Elite. The slide and frame are hard-chromed with their special finish.

The Witness Line goes as follows:
Witness Match
Witness Stock
Witness Limited
Witness Gold Team

Of all of these, the Stock is the only one that is double action / single action. The rest are single action only. When you get into the Stock, Limited, and Gold Team models, you really go get some nice "custom" features. In my opinion, you can't touch anything close in quality to these pistols anywhere near the price the sell for. I paid $700 for my Stock 10mm. For a da/sa trigger, it was almost as smooth and crisp out-of-the-box as the trigger job that I have on my Hi-power. The details on the gun, like frame checkering and slide cuts, were excelent - actually sharp to the touch, which I really like. The sites that came with my gun were upgraded competition sites that are excelent. The 10mm barrel is excelent, and fit to the slide is excelent. The slide fit to the frame rails is excelent. Hennings sells some good parts for these guns, so they do have some aftermarket support.

I've personally called EAA to order some new mags from them directly and their armorer was very helpful. (this was 2 months ago) I found that it was easy to reach their customer service and get quick and friendly service. My mags arrived 2 days after I placed the order.

I am really impressed with the EAA Witness line. Seriously, if you haven't picked up a Stock, Limited, or Gold Team model of the Witness, you would be doing yourself a favor just to hold one and take a serious look at them.

floydster

I have a Witness Elite Match in 38 Super, it is the most accurate gun I have,
better then my CZ's. My next one will be the Match in .45 cal.:)
Floydster

BanditSRT8

Which Elite? Elite Match, Stock, Limited??

I own an Elite Match and it is hands down the best $500 gun I've ever seen.

Match grade barrel, adjustable SA trigger that is awesome, hand fit slide to frame... this thing shoots circles around many $3000 guns I have owned.

I have plans for more (Gold Match in particular) since my wife fell inj love with my Match... it's pretty much hers now.

Skans

All of the EAA Witness pistols are a fantastic value for what you get. Buy what you want now, because I can see the prices of these guns going up in the future. '

I'd like to get different calibers for my Stock - I think that I can just order a new slide-barrel assembly and corresponding magazines to make it a .40, 9mm or .45 - I'll have to check on that, though.

ZekeResinkov

Hey guys, fellow Witness fan here as well. I only own a standard Witness .45 compact, love it though. I bought a Match/Longslide upper a while back, hoping it would fit my standard Witness, it didn't. It's a 9mm, the guy I bought it from told me it was never fired and he also said it fit on his .45 Match frame just fine if anybody is interested in buying it pm me. Thanks

rixret

No, I don't work for EAA. But I have a few. Great value, never a problem with any of them.
As of now,
Match 10mm
9mm Full Size with a .41AE Barrel and a .40 upper
.45 Full Size with a 10mm upper
Compact 10mm with a .40 upper
Extra .45 uppers (2)
You just can't go wrong with the EAA, great value, good service, parts and accessories availability.
I've got the Match 10mm up for sale locally, don't shoot match,aging eyes,
It's a sweet shooter and pretty easy on the eyes to look at too.
Sorry, I tend to ramble on.:eek:

Inspector3711

I have a friend that just bought a standard witness 10MM for $200 used but never fired... heck of a deal, but I'm buying the Elite Match in 10MM... Just have to find a place I trust to buy it from. Can't find a local dealer here.

bluetopper

I've read where the Tanfoglio pistols are very prominent in bullseye competitions in Europe.
I haven't been there myself to verify.:)

wolfrat1

eaa elite match 38 super

i just bought my first eaa in 38 super. more than pleased with this weapon. it is extremely accurate and recoil is almost nothing. i wish there was more definsive ammo for it. but winchester silvertips and corbon dpx shoulf suffice nicely. does anyone know who makes and quality carry holster for this?

Skans

I like all of the EAA Witness line of guns over CZ. Better fit, finish and precision in my opinion, plus CZ doesn't have a 10mm.

I have an EAA Stock 10mm. It's an excelent gun. Now if I could just find some affordable 10mm ammo, I might be able to get back to shooting it.

But, I didn't buy my EAA Stock for it's design, features, fit, finish, bull barrel, smooth da/sa trigger. I just thought the girl in the EAA ad was hot and I always buy my guns based on how they look in the hands of a beaufiful model.

Kleinzeit

What's the difference between a Stock and a Stock 2? Apart from the Stock 2 looking like it's based on the CZ SP-01 frame rather than the 75B.

Skans

What's the difference between a Stock and a Stock 2? Apart from the Stock 2 looking like it's based on the CZ SP-01 frame rather than the 75B.

I have no idea. I can post pictures of my stock, and if you have some detailed pictures of the "Stock 2" we can compare notes.

GunsBoo057.jpg

GunsBoo061.jpg

GunsBoo060.jpg

GunsBoo052.jpg

GunsBoo059.jpg