During a Manhunt for a Terrorist Half of All Non-Owners Want a Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot

It is interesting that probably many of those people that are anti (legal) gun ownership would want a gun to defend themselves, just as there are no atheists in foxholes. Things change when your back is against the wall.

Alabama Shooter

With the veneer of civilized society stripped away, when mortality is clearly evident, that is when true beliefs manifest themselves. That is what I have always observed.

Buzzcook

just as there are no atheists in foxholes
There are plenty of atheist in foxholes, Pat Tlllman for one.
There are also plenty of people who have put themselves in harms way and died believing that nonviolent protest was the best way to change the world around them.

MLeake

Some of them were even correct, Buzzcook. That doesn't mean we should expect people to lie under tank tracks, nor to march, unarmed, into a Bull Connor's K-9 teams.

"Not going to say what I really feel about you. But it's not good.

I feel the complete opposite. I rather be the sheepdog with a gun than a sheep with a gun."

go ahead, say what you feel. in my state almost anyone can get a ccw. if they choose not to thats their choice. lets say im shopping at wal mart. i hear gun fire, people start screaming and running. if i draw my weapon and move toward the gun fire to be a hero, to protect those who imo should have a ccw. now im walking or running around a store where shots are fired with a gun in my hand. whats stopping another ccw or cop from thinking im the bad guy shooting all the defenseless sheep?

are you gonna go shoot anyone with a gun drawn now? under cover/off duty cop doing his job that might be the bad guy in your eyes?

You're create a general situation to justify how you feel. That's understandable.

No ones saying to be Bruce Willis in Die Hard and find the guy. IF you have a means to stop it and you don't? (in a general sense, not you individually)

Your morals and outlook on life needs adjusting. (In general not you, we're still discussing this)

Glenn E. Meyer

This is over.

I caution folks NOT to insult other members over their choices in a critical incident. It is very easy to be an internet tough guy. :rolleyes:

We also don't care if you are an atheist or believe in the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Off the rails, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.