Don't you just hate it when you are going through the gun safe

Eghad

You find something tucked away and forgotten :eek:

I found a S&W 586-3 in a dull black finish with a Houge Monogrip. I know S&W started using those in 1994? I can't remember the year I bought this used. It was setting in a display case. A guy had purchased it brand new did not like the .357 Magnum.

the first few letters on the crane are BDF. Just curious about when it was made and what flavor of the week it was.

Last edited:

Eghad

Well I found this much

The 4" was product code 103591, 2500 mfd.

It is a round butt Smith and Wesson but I dont think the Houge Monogrip is original those were around 1994. I am sure I purchased the gun before 1994 though :confused: I only paid $200 for it.

Attachments

• S&W 586-3 (Medium).jpg
    S&W 586-3 (Medium).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 213

mrt949

Had a phoenix p22 in the safe discovered it had a CRACKED SLIDE it went to the GUN BY BACK for $50.00 .:D

EdInk

I can honestly say that I have never had the aforementioned problem. I guess I don't have enough guns and/or big enough safe.

pac.coastie

I only own six total, so i've yet to have that problem, to be honset though i think it would make my day, kinda like finding a $20 in a coat pocket, sure it was already mine but it was forgotten so it feels like it's new!
hopefully someday I'll have a big enough collection that i can't rattle them all off without have to think about it.

44 AMP

Staff
I hate it worse when....

I bring home my latest "always wanted to get one of these", and find another one already waiting there.:D

Rich Miranda

I don't have a big safe where all my guns fit all at once. I have several small safes, all bought for different locations. This works well enough for me as I feel good knowing there are guns within reach all over the house.

The only downside, if you can call it that, is that when I gather all of the guns together, I'm shocked that I have that many since I hardly ever see them together all at once.

Still, I'm pretty good about not buying the same gun over again - at least not by accident. :D

TheGoldenState

GLAD im no the only one!

About a month ago i was going thru the safe and found tucked away, a NIB never shot S&W Airweight .38

good day:D

Honestly this has happened 2 or 3 times in the past 10 years lol

22-rimfire

Half of what I own, I wouldn't even know if someone stole one for months unless I happened to want to shoot it. That reminds me.... I need to dig out my old HS Victor, clean it, and run some rounds through it.

I bring home my latest "always wanted to get one of these", and find another one already waiting there.

It happens, but less often than I would like.

Stainz

I don't have that much money or space. Additionally, our hobby interests are potentially lethal - I have to be more responsible than to 'forget' I own one. To do so would mean I could 'lose' it - and not 'miss' it - and a bad guy could 'find' it - and use it - in an illegal fashion. That would ruin my day.

I have decided not to continue adding numerically to my 'collection'. A new one comes in - an older one leaves. Storage problems are averted - and impulse buys are lessened. I did divest myself of Rugers in that fashion - and now have S&W's only.

Stainz