Does your wife or GF hunt???

jhgreasemonkey

Mine doesn't like hunting but she will eat the game with me. Once in a great while I can get her to go shooting with me and she is pretty good with a rifle. Just can't bring herself to shoot a cute little critter, lol.

Willie Lowman

No. She doesn't hunt. She doesn't help skin, butcher, or clean meat for that matter. She does complain when we run out of venison, though.

ROGER4314

My GF is a Correctional Officer, a High Master Rifle shooter at 200 and an Expert at 600 yards. She is a fine pistol shot and easily qualifies with her firearms. She has her CHL. I'm real proud of her!

Flash

kaylorinhi

My GF/Wife, wife as of Jan 18, loves it all. I am still getting her into the finer points, but she bought her on tree-stand. I am still trying to find a stock to fit her and other such parts to make it more enjoyable.

Crankylove

My girlfriend grew up with firearms (father is a local LEO), and loves to fish and hunt turkeys. She has never shot big game, but has gone on numerous hunts with her family, and will be trying big game for the first time this fall when we go after speed goats.

Jake Balam

My wife hunts me down when she finds a receipt from the gun store when she's doing laundry.

She does want to go shooting with me, that's good

Will Beararms

I love my wife but hunting is sons and friends time. She does her photography and creative memories and I hunt, fish and shoot. She loves to cook and does a great job with whatever we bring home.

There is a female in my life that loves to hunt with me though........

TootseDHFC12211.jpg

sserdlihc

My wife goes with me to range occasionally. She has never had any interest in hunting. I prefer it that way. She can shoot my eyes out at the range, don't want her doing that in the woods too.;)

Keg

sserdlihc........I like the fact that my wife likes to hunt and fish.........We cannot hunt together all the time..but it is nice when we do.........She is very understanding if I want a new gun..or hunting a lot in season..........

ZeroJunk

Some women will hunt with their husband or boyfriend. I dated a girl a few years ago who would get up at 5:00 A.M. and go hunting alone. Put up her own stands and everything. I have to say I was a little put off by it. Hunting is a good way to get away from your wife, not spend more time with her.:)

Keg

ZeroJunk...U were put off by that??? Hahaaaaa........There are some guys that would kill for a woman like that........Just think..A woman that completely understands about guns and hunting.........One that U can have actual conversations about other things, besides redecorating the living room..........
One that wants to watch hunting shows..instead of soaps.........I wish mine would hunt on her own......It would be so cool..If I were at work..and get a text with a photo of a buck or hog that she had just shot.........Now some men might feel inferior about that..or have some kind of complex.......Those men probably don't need a woman like that.........:D

ZeroJunk

I'm more in to having a hot supper waiting when I get home from hunting. Two worst things a man can do is teach his wife to play golf and hunt.

Of course, some couples if you see one you see the other. Doing that I would drive my wife just as crazy as she would drive me.

Do whatever works best for you and if your wife likes to hunt and you like to take her, nothing wrong with that.

Keg

ZeroJunk....I'm not one of those 24-7..with my spouse fellas........We would drive each other nuts too.........I'm not with my buddies 24-7 either..........
I don't have time for golf..........Me and my wife both work a lot...and most of the time she still has a hot home- made meal on the table.........She is a really good cook........Oh..I hunt all the time without her........But when we are together..it is nice..........I'd rather be with her in the woods..than in the mall........hahaaa

aarondhgraham

My first wife loved to go squirrel hunting,,,

She had a Marlin model 75,,,
I bought it for her at K-Mart back in 1973.

She was a crack shot too,,,
Better than I ever was or will ever be,,,
She was at a bench with a crappy old 2x scope,,,
But I saw her hit 20 nickels in a row at a range of 50 yards.

Our neighbor loved her for the squirrels,,,
Whatever she got that day, be it squirrel or rabbit,,,
She would give to him and he would grind it up for his dogs.

She later married a Marine who then became a St. Louis cop,,,
I heard through the grapevine that while he hunted he wouldn't take her,,,
Apparently he couldn't handle the fact that she was a better shot than he was.

I don't have a wife or even a steady girlfriend,,,
But I do have female friends who enjoy going to the target range with me.

Aarond

Keg

My wifes management 8 from this past season......

Attachments

• rsz_img_0010.jpg
    rsz_img_0010.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Daryl

Yes, my wife will hunt...with me when I go.

She has no desire to kill anything, but she'll help me take care of it after I do. She's proved herself to be quite a skinner when we get a buffalo down. She's also helped me with antelope and such, and has been with me when I was calling bears with a predator call.

Daryl