Does your spouse go shooting with you?

Does your wife go shooting with you?

• Yes

Votes: 59 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.4%

• Total voters

Ewok_Guy

All the time! She's quite a hand with my Single-Six 6.5".
cool7.gif

45 Long Colt

Sure.

I taught her to shoot, after I pursuaded her that gun control was:

A. An impossible goal

B. An extremely undesireable goal

C. A very foolish doctrine to espouse in public in a dangerous place. . .and everyplace is dangerous in truth.

She shoots very well. Whoever attacks her or one of our kids will not live to lie to the investigating officer, much less a tort jury.

dinojas

Yeah, she can hit the bullseye more times than I can per magazine... BUT I GET TIGHTER GROUPS DERNIT!
:p

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
No, recoil and muzzle blast scared her away. Last time
she went, she got hold of my 6" barrel Colt Python
stoked with some 146 grain Speer half-jacketed hand
loads. She reacted as if she had shot a BAZOOKA!:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

LetsFetz

... always ... and getting better every time ...

... I'm really glad about it and excited to see, that confidence is improving constantly ... very important for female in Boondooland ... plus, makes me sleep better at night ...

cheers and beers
LetsFetz

Hal

Yep, she sure does. "Grandma Winchester" jumps at most every chance she gets. We went out Friday for a few hours. Her with her Winchester Trapper, and me with my Smith Model 17.

(Eat your hearts out some of you guys. Our choice was between a few hours at the range, or going fishing!! Yep, she fishes too!)

butchb243

Yes, & she hunts too. She loves it so much that she ;
1. plans vacations around hunting.:D
2. became a hunter ed. instructor.:D
3.asks for guns for birthday, aniversary, christmas,& mothers day.:D
4. she insisted that we teach our children to shoot by age 6.:D

ONLY PROBLEM IS I CREATED A MONSTER NOW I HAVE TO ASK HER WHJCH GUN I CAN SHOOT!:(

FPrice

No, and that is a symptom of our compatibility problems. She has gone from not liking guns, to having a CCW due to a "problem", and now back to not sure if she likes guns or not.

This is not our only problem, but sort of shows how different our interests and ideas have diverged.

Arts

She is 5'0" and shoots a Ruger SP-101 .357 magnum. Very tight groups at 7 yds. She was never afraid of guns as long as she was in control.

C. D. Beaver

Very shortly after I got married (47 years ago) I wanted my bride to join me in my hobby, and she agreed to give it a try.

I asked my shooting buddy what he thought would be the best rifle to get for a woman. His response wasn't really what I expected: "Jees, I dunno; anything you can hit her with, I guess," he said.

I persisted, bought a war surplus small Martini-Henry falling block in what I think was .310 Cadet caliber, had it rebarreled to a .22 K-Hornet and had the firing pin hole bushed to prevent blowback problems. I carved a fore end out of a block of walnut. As a final improvement I attached a really cheap scope sight.

My bride fired it a few times to become familiar with it (she had never fired a gun before she married me), and in short order became a fairly good shot with a rifle that would group into about an inch and a quarter at 100 yards.

We drove a hundred miles to a good prairie dog town and I told my wife: "You're really going to have a good time today." She had no trouble connecting with the prairie pups and easily dispatched her targets out to a hundred yards.

I got busy with my own shooting and forgot about watching her. She drew a bead on one pup, crawled too far forward on the stock and her eyebrow came into contact with the back of the scope. This rifle had very little recoil, but there was enough to cause a deep gash in her eyebrow when she touched it off.

That was the end of prairie dog hunting for the day, and she never fired a gun after that. But we're still married!

Steve in PA

Yes, everytime I go.....she goes. We don't get out often enough but its one of the many things we enjoy doing together.

Kaboom

Some of us are blessed. My SO shoots all the time and shoots whatever we are shooting. 45/70 BFR's, the NEF 45/70's, her S&W 610 classic, my sons 50AE. Her favorite hunting rifle is a Browning BAR in 7mm rem. mag. Life is good at the home place. We fish too.

priv8ter

Start them right!

I almost screwed this one up. After much talking and debating, mywife said if we were going to have guns in the house, she wanted to know how to use them. Cool.

First trip to the range, the first gun I let her shoot was my H&K .40. At 25 yards. She was less than thrilled with the experience. When I explained it was her first time, the Range Master let us go to 7 yards. Much better results, and much more fun. On the way home, we stopped at the gun store and ordered a Ruger Mk II. It's HER gun, and I get to borrow it sometime. She enjoys it much more than the .40. But, she can hit with the 22, the 40, or our 20 Ga out to 25 yards, and feels safe with any of them.

In fact, she's been on bed rest for the last 6 months for a difficult pregnancy. Now she says she is going to leave me home alone so she can go shooting.

ScottFrench

I'm working on getting her to come along. May need to buy a .22 rifle to get her to go. She doesn't care for handguns right now.

Scott