Does anyone own a Wildey?

xdshooter

I don't know why I am so attracted to this gun but ever since Death Wish 3 I have had a deep desire for this weapon. And if you got one let me see it!!

lcpiper

A store owner, (Saguaro Arms), has one here on display. A bit pretentious displaying what he won't sell but then again, he is sharing a little and in all honesty I havn't tried to make him the offer that he can't refuse.

BTW, Here is Sierra Vista, AZ. just in case you live close enough that you'd wana drive here just to see it.

postal1911

They r beautiful, but they have very poor/ heavy triggers, and from what ive seen they r more fun to wish for than to own,,,,, people want big bucks for them. more of a novelty gun... id say shoot one or at least try one out before spending that kind of $$$$

lamarw

I had to do a Google search to see it. My first thought was a pistol with an excessive breast implant. :D

It does look a little front heavy, but I guess the big bullets keep it balanced.

SouthpawShootr

Wasn't that the same gun used in "Sudden Impact" too?
I've always wanted one.

No. That was an AMT Automag. .44 AMP. Similar look, but the IMO the Automag was better balanced. Like most AMT designs, the Automag was made by more than one company over it's lifespan. Some of these brands can be quite rare. Other calibers were available as well.

SouthpawShootr

Are these things (Wildeys) still being made? I remember they were brought back into production some years back after a long hiatus, but haven't seen one for sale in a long time.

YukonCharlie

Main Category : Retail / Survivor and Survivor Guardsman Series

Previous Next
Survivor 5" Barrel
Price: $1,570.95

Survivor 6" Barrel

Survivor 7" Barrel

Survivor 8" Barrel
Price: $1,596.95

Survivor 10" Barrel
Price: $1,596.95

Survivor 12" Barrel
Price: $1,695.95

Survivor 14" Barrel
Price: $2,148.95

Survivor 18" Barrel (Sillhouette)
Price: $2,776.95

This is on their website

44 AMP

Staff
ANYONE OWN A WILDEY? I do!

I own a Wildey, in .45 Win Mag. Also a .44 Auto Mag (note, two words), as well as an LAR Girzzly, Desert Eagle, and a Coonan. I do know a little bit about these magnum autos.

THe gun used in Sudden Impact was indeed, a .44 Auto Mag. With a special custom barrel, made for the movie.

Auto Mags (two words) are NOT AMT guns. They were made before AMT was in business. The confusion comes from the fact that the designer of the Auto Mag, Harry Sanford, later worked at AMT and that AMT produced a line of pistols named Automag (one word), the Automag II (.22WMR), III (.30 carbine), IV (.45 Win Mag) and V (.50AE). The AMT guns are a completely different design than the original Auto Mag.

The trigger on my Wildey is not bad. DA could be better, but SA is not bad. The gun is actually fairly well balanced, but has a very fat grip.

No pics right now, sorry, but I will try and get some posted soon.

Any questions about any of the guns, just ask. Just remember, don't judge them by the standards of a service style auto, they aren't, and were never meant to be, no matter what they do in the movies!

And if all you can say is they are too big/heavy/cost too much/not practical, etc.
that's your opinion. Not mine.

44 AMP

Staff
here goes

DSCF0555.jpg

Test