Do you use a safety or no safety on your firearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistoler0

This is just my opinion/suggestion that carrying a gun with an empty chamber is stupid and more than likely just due from lack of training, common sense or just plain ignorance in thinking you can load your gun right before something happens, a lot like trying to put your seatbelt on in a car right before an accident.

And I am helping. If you can’t see that then that’s your problem. Just the mere fact that you’re arguing and then commencing to saying the 2nd doesn’t dictate how one carries, taking all that I’ve said as negative and even questioning my respectfulness is actually plain silly on your part.

Carry that empty gun. I don’t care. What you do or think is none of my concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the record, I carry one in the chamber, and I do think that it is the best way to carry if properly done. In this we agree.

What is not appropriate is for you to tell other folks that if they don't do it your way "then maybe you don’t need to be carrying".

Last edited:

corneileous

For the record, I carry one in the chamber, and I do think that it is the best way to carry if properly done. In this we agree.

What is not appropriate is for you to tell other folks that if they don't do it your way "then maybe you don’t need to be carrying".

It has nothing to do with “my way”; it’s all about the smart way but if you carry the smart way then you why you defending those that don’t? Who made you their spokesman for that group? Why don’t you let those people decide for themselves?

corneileous

Annnd, I am still waiting for an explanation of my "flawed" thinking.
Sorry, I guess I missed your post. Been busy, I spose but anywho, your thinking is flawed primarily because you put carrying on an empty chamber near the top- above carrying a DA/SA pistol above all things as best. It’s never wise to carry an empty gun under any occasion.

But if you think having a manual safety is a must then that’s you. I don’t agree with it because to me, a safety is something that has to be switched off- at least with a striker-fired gun, you just pull, point, and shoot. Same with a typical Da/Sa gun but, carrying on an empty chamber shouldn’t even be on that list.

corneileous

In my case I carry with a round chambered,

but since I have young kids in the house, while I sleep the pistol under my mattress has no round in the chamber (and safety engaged so the slide cannot be racked).

You do realize they make very easily affordable personal gun safes that can be mounted to a nightstand, or headboard that keep curious little fingers away but still allow to keep a gun loaded, don’t you? But whatever, I’m just giving that advice and bringing that to your attention, don’t wanna be labeled as telling someone what to do, and all the other things you said.

Moonglum

You do realize they make very easily affordable personal gun safes that can be mounted to a nightstand, or headboard that keep curious little fingers away but still allow to keep a gun loaded, don’t you? But whatever, I’m just giving that advice and bringing that to your attention, don’t wanna be labeled as telling someone what to do, and all the other things you said.

Let's cut to the chase:

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch circle at 3 yards in under 2 seconds, COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, and do a FAST Test in under 10 seconds, COLD, every time with no points down?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, taking a big step off line and hit an 8 inch circle at 5 yards, with 5 rounds, in under 4 secs., COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch plate at 10 yrds, at will, COLD, every time with no time constraints?( bang, tink, bang, tink, bang, tink etc.)

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and shoot a 5 shoot group at 5 yrds that you can cover with a credit card, COLD, every time?

Have you taken any formal training beyond a CCW class in the last 24 months?

Please get past the hardware/focus on the software.

corneileous

Let's cut to the chase:

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch circle at 3 yards in under 2 seconds, COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, and do a FAST Test in under 10 seconds, COLD, every time with no points down?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, taking a big step off line and hit an 8 inch circle at 5 yards, with 5 rounds, in under 4 secs., COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch plate at 10 yrds, at will, COLD, every time with no time constraints?( bang, tink, bang, tink, bang, tink etc.)

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and shoot a 5 shoot group at 5 yrds that you can cover with a credit card, COLD, every time?

Have you taken any formal training beyond a CCW class in the last 24 months?

Please get past the hardware/focus on the software.

.....aaaand this has what to do, exactly, with keeping a house gun in a personal safe away from curious fingers?

Moonglum

.....aaaand this has what to do, exactly, with keeping a house gun in a personal safe away from curious fingers?

You've been asked these questions before.

The answers will help people have a better idea of your level of expertise and your qualifications to give advice

TunnelRat

You've been asked these questions before.

The answers will help people have a better idea of your level of expertise and your qualifications to give advice

The answers to those questions will tell me if a person is a proficient shooter. If someone answered “Yes” to all of those and told me to carry on an empty chamber I still wouldn’t. If someone answered “No” to some of those questions I wouldn’t immediately disregard their advice.

Moonglum

The answers to those questions will tell me if a person is a proficient shooter. If someone answered “Yes” to all of those and told me to carry on an empty chamber I still wouldn’t. If someone answered “No” to some of those questions I wouldn’t immediately disregard their advice.

OK

This thread has gone off the rails. Once it gets to some members call other members "stupid" because their choices don't align with his, it's time to call it a day.

G'day.

Status
Not open for further replies.