Do you lawfully leave a gun in the car when you're not in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
corneileous said:
But one thing about concealed being concealed, I don’t disarm unless the place I’m going into has metal detectors or security guards to search you which then at that point, I either don’t go in or I secure my pistol in the safe.
This thread is about legally leaving a gun in a vehicle, so this comment is really off topic. Since you posted it, though, it must be addressed.

This forum has a rule against promoting illegal actions. In general, the "concealed means concealed" argument does exactly that -- it says "Don't pay any attention to that sign or law, just carry everywhere and don't worry about the rules."

The problem is that in some states a "No guns allowed in here" sign doesn't carry the force of law, and in other states it does. In some places in certain states, carry is illegal even if the property isn't visibly posted.

Summary: "Concealed means concealed" is not advice that is welcome on this site. Please DO NOT repeat it here.

Beyond that, it appears that this discussion has run out of steam so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.