Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Yes, sometimes

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 30.7%

• Total voters

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Do I specifically carry in my home? Not necessarily.

I do, however, put my handgun on when I get dressed, and take it off when I go to bed.

So, no, I don't wake up in the morning and get strapped lest the goblins assault while I'm busy trying to toast a bagel in my PJs, but the holster is already belted to the jeans I'll be wearing today, just like the keys are already in the pocket. When I put them on, I'll grab the gun, too.

Edward429451

Sure do. It'd be nice to not have to but, you know, dangerous planet and all that.

We've had several home invasions lately. Warm weather, open windows.

Couple big dogs too. My puppy is about 175 lbs already! (10 month old English Mastiff).

SUPERMAN .45

My answer is ALWAYS because I live in a crowded and tough neighborhood, I live in Manila Phillppines there's a lot of burglars in our place. I'm a LEO so I always carry my STI .45 with me or my 1911 commander. Four months ago a family was brutally murdered 2 blocks away from my house, the father was stabbed to death and his two kids were also stabbed to death by they're houseboy. The guy is mentally deranged, he was collared by the local police. That's one of the reason why I always carry my gun even, if i'm in the bathroom. It's better to be safe than sorry.

OJ

OJ, what type of dogs are those? They are beautiful.

Thanks - they are Mastiffs - also called English Mastiffs or even Old English Mastiffs - but just plain Mastiff is the official name. They were about a year old there. Here they are at that age - camping in our Coleman Bayside.

CAMPINGDOGS.jpg

and they use our furniture with dignity.

CHAIRKATIE.jpg

P3220001.jpg

The fawn is our boy and the brindle is little sister. They looked like this at 11 weeks old - the day we got them.

P9110028AB.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Hedley

Sorry to post off topic, but those are some good looking Mastiffs. I've been wanting to get one, but my grilfriend is worried about the drool. Once she sees the pictures of them sitting on your couch, she may change her mind, so thanks for posting them.

Also, no I don't carry in my own home. The martial arts I taught myself between grades 2 and 6 should suffice. :)

TexasCop

If I've already been dressed to go outside, then I'm CCW and I don't take it off until it's time to go to bed. If I'm not going outside and haven't CCW'd yet, then NO.

kansas45

I voted "Yes, Sometime's" because if it's not on me then it's within reach. We Kansan's are getting clost to our CCW date of Jan1st,2007 then I'll have one with me at all time's where it is allowed.

Bob O

I wear this 24/7 where legal (Kel-Tec P-3AT with ArmaLaser and two spare mags):
attachment.php

Attachments

• 06P5090002web.jpg
    06P5090002web.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 51

LaKings22

I voted "No" if a theif gets by my 2 pitbulls..the guy is going to be pretty beaten up, I think i can finish him off...Unless i'm feeling lazy, but then again it hasnt happened yet and hope it never does. I'll enjoy shooting at the range more.

Tokamak

Not true

rmagil said:

"I voted sometimes:
I am currently taking classes and trying to graduate asap. Like most colleges, weapons are not allowed on campus, so I cannot legally carry here. However, when I am not at college, I do carry at home."

If the college prohibits weapons it is not illegal to carry there. It might get you kicked out, but no crime has been committed. In PA it is illegal to carry in K-12 but there a provision in the law which states that it is legal to do so if you are carrying for "legitimate purposes".

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer - and this is what I believe to be true - I could be wrong.