disposal of bad out of spec rounds

Mauser69

You made it, YOU should disassemble it

Safe disposal is our responsibility. Do NOT throw it away like this. Most of the other suggestions are decent, but I cannot understand why you would not just take care of it properly yourself?

Pulling bullets is super simple, ESPECIALLY if you do not want to re-use them. All you need is a single stage press, the right shell holder, and a decent pair of pliers. Just raise the ram with no die in place, then grab the bullet with the pliers above the press and drop the ram.

Dump the powder anywhere outside - nitrogen helps things grow.

Your primed cases can easily be re-used as is, or just decap them or pop them in a gun.

mikld

I lived in the Los Angeles area for 55 years but never had occasion to advertise my reloading status. I was totally legal and did not fear "The Man". I gave "The Man" no reason to check me out, search me or my home. When I was young and smoking pot, I called the local police "The Man", but now, growing up and being sober 30 years, Police Officers are just guys with jobs that deal with the lower parts of society, and have no business with me.

Besides being a confirmed tinkerer, and cheap, I would just pull the bullets, melt them down, and reuse the brass (or just save it if I didn't reload that caliber).