Did you go on a handgun-buying 'streak'?

Cyanide971

Guilty as charged! Hahahahahahaha

Purchased several Walthers within a month time span (P99C AS, P99 AS & QA, both a 9mm and .40 PPQ, and a SW99 QA).

Then, though not as quickly, I got into a CZ family spree, acquiring several of those over a little more than a two month span (P-07 Duty & P-07 "2014", P-01, RAMI D, Tanfoglio Witness P, Sarsilmaz K2P, CZ 100).

And finally, most recently, I had a very short-lived parasite infect my system that caused me to get an HK P2000 LEM, P2000SK LEM, and P30 LEM, all within one week. Glad I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP on any of those, especially since they were all gone within a month!

Last edited:

MFitz

My last two purchases were handguns. Not sure that counts as a "streak" but both were un-planned purchases - couldn't pass up really good deals for guns I would have bought eventually anyway.

Brutus

I don't have an addiction, just a hyperactive interest. After a lifetime of extended interest I find my collection of firearms hovers around 25. Probably have purchased a 100 somethings over the years but I tend to get the hots for something, buy it and then decide, for whatever
reason, it didn't meet my expectations. Can't tell you how many of those I've had.
At any rate every gun currently in my position is a keeper and will never be traded or sold save one recently purchased that is now up for sale just because it didn't fit after all, shame I really liked the gun. There will always be something on my bucket list which currently is a Colt combat commander .45, .38 Super, cause I've never had one and Smith pre-lock 686 (six shooter, 4 or 6 inch barrel) . Problem is I've got to start passing up distractions that keep luring me out of focus but that's part of the fun of it. :D

bigmatt

I sometimes go on buying binges. Often they are never planned in advance. It often ends up being right place right time kind of thing and they often are used. I've bought two pistols in one day on a few occasions, and even on two of those followed it up with a rifle purchase in the same week. But, after those type of weeks I tend to take a break for a few months.

Ibmikey

I guess i should live in Kalifornia since you can buy only one pistol a month, Big Brother is curbing your desire to have more...they (Gov.) know better than you ! I personally do not see a " buying spree" as indicated by the OP as i often buy or trade for many times that number in a given week. I do not sell any but do give a bunch of rifles and pistols to friends and relatives on selected occasions, with a couple of hundred laying about it is nice to share with others and see their smiles also. When there were a lot of C&R deals available i would order several at a time, shoot them and then share some of the duplicates--for some reason i hate to sell anything i have and by sharing the weapon is usually available if you wish to shoot it again. Now about the only thing available c&R wise is Mosin rifles and once i got one of those monsters i have no desire for a second, oh there are still P 64's offered and a neat pistol but not user friendly for old guys.
Guess i rambled enough, now i will check out the suppliers on line for a few bargain deals on my next " buying spree".

IdahoG36

I sure have been on a buying streak lately. I bought six new Glocks in six months, plus a Remington R1S. I'm on my way to the LGS in a few minutes to pick up a new Sig P220 Stainless Elite 10mm!!

Skans: that's an excellent idea, but despite a Wolff spring making my (former) W. German PPK/S very reliable, the DA trigger got kind of old.
Reminds me of three friends' small Polish beasties.
And I had bought that first PPK type before I realized that possible carry this summer or next fall -no holster yet- would have hurt the very nice bluing.

Also, auf wiedersehen und alles Gute! It paid for the P-83 and a bunch of ammo.

peggysue

Darn it I just bought #9 gun for the year. Not my fault..just had to.. I have a tan Canik TP 9SA on its way from Buds.

jasmith85

I bought 3 Beretta PX4 Storms in a 2 month span at one point. Had to take advantage of the $75 rebate while I could at the end of last year. Two of the pistols were bought within a 2 week span.

wmg1299

Absolutely. From my experience, making a trip to the gun store when I am low on ammo is exactly like going to the grocery store when I am hungry.

Sterling

Guilty as charged

Ive been accused by the wife of buying too many dam guns. I find the simple affective solution is to buy more parts for my motorcycle.

rt11002003

Been there, still there. Bought five HK's in December when they had a rebate program going. I haven't kept track since then, except to recall I've bought two pistols this month, a Sphinx SDP Compact and a HK p7. The month isn't half over; who knows what will happen.

My wife is somewhat understanding about this obsession of mine. Says I can spend no more than what I have coming in. But, secretly I can see she thinks I'm crazy. However, I talked her into getting her concealed weapons carry permit a couple of weeks ago.:D