Destroying/throwing away

shurshot

I have destroyed several guns, with a sledge hammer. If they are poorly constructed, cheap, etc. and I own them, I'll use my old 6 Lbs sledge hammer if I feel like it. They are MY property to cherish, sell OR to destroy as I see fit.

The fact is, there are countless guns out there that, for numorous reasons, are better off as scrap metal. :D

And, truth be told, it is just plain FUN to smash things with a sledge hammer...LOL!

I have destroyed several guns, with a sledge hammer. If they are poorly constructed, cheap, etc. and I own them, I'll use my old 6 Lbs sledge hammer if I feel like it. They are MY property to cherish, sell OR to destroy as I see fit.

The fact is, there are countless guns out there that, for numorous reasons, are better off as scrap metal.

And, truth be told, it is just plain FUN to smash things with a sledge hammer...LOL!

Not going to lie...I kind of don't like you.

shurshot

I'm not talking about S&W's or Colts...LOL!!!

Ever heard of Clerke or RG? :D

Yes, the old Sledge Hammer fixes them just fine!

And if you have an issue over Clerkes and RG's being smashed into oblivion (POS that I wasted money on), then I don't like you either...LOL! :D

publius

I think this worry about liability is way overblown. People buy guns from gunshows/private party/even dealers that turn out to be what they determine to be "bad". I would certainly expect an ethical person to notify the buyer of it's state, but there are plenty of people who might like a pistol that is not entirely reliable to throw in their saltwater boat, etc. There are always some usable parts that someone out there wants on any gun. Yes, of course it's yours to do as you wish, I just think it's borderline selfish not to let one of your fellow shooters have something when it's not money out of your pocket. Rant over.

Hawg

And if you have an issue over Clerkes and RG's being smashed into oblivion (POS that I wasted money on), then I don't like you either...LOL!

Then I don't like you either.:p The RG 66 and model 23 were good guns. I've had three 66's and would like to find another. My last one got stolen.

Last edited:

KyJim

Ever heard of Clerke or RG?
The very first handgun I bought was a .38 spl RG ($50) and that was because I was a student and couldn't afford anything better. When I got a "real" handgun, I sold the RG for $20 and felt guilty.

Still, it served it's purpose when I owned it and maybe is still doing so; something to go bang if somebody crashes through the door when the alternative is to throw socks.