Desert Eagle or not?

Tman

Adding to your collection?

Have you thought about a 22 target pistol? I remember seeing one in the movie "No way out" with Bridget Fonda, where she is is in a restaurant on her first assignment. I thought that was a cool looking pistol. Can't remember what make it was.

JG

I thought that was a cool looking pistol. Can't remember what make it was.

Hammerli ;).......expensive .22s.

h-280big.gif

hksigwalther

The movie was Point of No Retirn. (also known as The Assassin in other countries.)

IIRC, Fonda's character had the .32 SW upper on the Hämmerli 280.

6304981627.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

hksigwalther

In the original French film Le Femme Nakita, of which Point of No Return is an American copy of, the main character had used a Desert Eagle (Mk I/.357 mag, IIRC) for the restaurant scene.

Le Femme is a much better film, despite being French.

Justin

I was sorely disappointed in 'Le Femme Nikita.' Luc Besson did a much better job with 'The Professional.'

As far as DE's go, if you want to go whole hog, get this:
mark_sys_pkg.gif

Personally, I never understood the attraction to 'em. It seems like every bad, D-grade, straight-to-video action flick has a DE on the cover.

But if it floats yer boat, go for it.

(Hypocritically, if you had one at the range, I would probably ask to shoot it. :))

Bullzeye

Zeke,

If you want a pristine DE 44mag in hard chrome I know of a gun shop in northern NJ that is selling one for $1000. I have given that thing a look or three myself and I am tempted. The kid selling it said it works great it just has become a safe queen and it takes up too much space just for that.

Bullzeye

ZekeLuvs1911

Well gang,
I ordered me a 44 Desert Eagle in bright nickel. Should get it in in a few days. My ultimate pimp gun! I can't use a 50 since I can't shoot in in my indoor range I go to. However, since it is a Mk XIX, a conversion is possible. I'll post a pic when I can.

the blind lefty

look dude. if your gonna get the Desert Eagle,get the GOLD 50AE.
the way i see it,there is only one way to go,and that's all the way when your thinking about one of these.anything else is mock savy.get the pistol Wayne Newton would want.-;)

BamBam

Zeke,
How much did that Bad Boy cost?
Be sure and post some pix and give us a range report.

Gotta love American excess!

PS to Blind Lefty:
I like the gaudy gold Eagle, too. But I think Zeke's nickel version is the Wayne Newton model. The gold is more like the Liberace.

the blind lefty

i actually got one years ago. mine was a 44 also,but was before the 50AE was invented.i had the stainless frame/black slide deal. it was a jamarama,and i soon traded it.
i like the design,and looks of the thing,more so than the patchy look of the LAR Grizzly,but not by much.i thought Coonan made a nice auto,if they simply would have gone to conventional auto loads.Wildey's just weren't my taste,as i like the stubby, chunkier guns myself.
i was a pure idiot about guns back then,with the exception of safe handling. the slide was hell on my scrawny arms!releasing the slide nearly made me lurch forward. it was my first introduction to the 44,and a gentle one at that.now i'm slowly turning into one of those crabby,trite fellas with my Bisley Vaquero 4 5/8" 45LC.
"ya don't need all them gizmos!in my day we had rocks..."- :p

reticle

zeke, I had two DEs. One in .44mag and one in .50ae. They were both cannons. It was fun shooting in low light---the muzzle blast out of each must have been 2ft. long! Everyone at the indoor range would duck when I fired them; especially the first time. Unfortunately they both had extraction problems after awhile. They stove piped and failed to fully cycle and worst of all they both would throw brass back at my forehead!:mad: There's nothing worse than shuckin' an jivin' while everyone is watching:eek: The biggest reason they became safe queens is they were very tedious to clean; something like 30 mins. each if you wanted to really do it right. I sold them both and got an H&K expert and a walther p99 in od (shoulda got a springfield TRP operator).

Gewehr98

No cast bullets.

That's a big no-no with the gas-operated Desert Eagle. The gas port is at the very front of the chamber, near the barrel's throat, and it's relatively huge. A cast lead bullet would leave a good portion of itself in the gas port each time it was fired. I tried it with gas-checked loads, and it still sent lead down the gas system.

Congrats on your purchase, Zeke! The big old Desert Eagle may not be the most practical handgun on the planet, but it sure is a kick in the pants to shoot. I get to the point where I bring extra ammo to the range if I take it there. Here's my early MkI (small frame) in .357 Magnum:
deserteagle.jpg

BamBam

Zeke:

"This pistol cost $1250 and ouch! Looks like no one else is gonna get anything for Christmas this year! "

Zeke,
That's OK; just put it on top of the tree where the angel usually goes. Then everyone can enjoy it.