Define a Perfect Trigger Pull....

Skans

What gun has that?

I wish I knew! I simply described what my perfect trigger would be; I didn't say that I found such a thing.

The best DA/SA trigger I've ever experienced is that of my Tanfoglio Stock I 10mm. It has the least amount of take-up and breaks cleanly for a DA/SA trigger. Not bad in double-action either. By far superior to any other DA/SA trigger I've ever experienced; and that's without any upgrades from Henning.

Pahoo

My thoughts

Appropriately light weight pull for the intended purpose of the gun, break crisply, no overtravel.

I would add no creep to this list. Creep is smoothness and no noticeable travel. A bad example would be someone with arthurites in his fingers.

A perfect trigger would be one that meets or exceeds my expectation. In a revolver, that would be a Colt Python. In a Semi-auto, that would be a Smith-41. …… ;)

Be Safe !!!

stinkeypete

1. It’s a surprise when the round goes off when you wanted to fire but it but never goes off when you didn’t want to fire.

2. Pulling the trigger shouldn’t affect your point of aim and should break so suddenly that any flinch is all on you!

3. 1911

stephen426

I think the perfect triggers are on finely tuned 1911s, H&K P7M8s, and Sig P210s. These or on guns that I own. I know there are a lot of other great triggers out there, but the ideal trigger for me would be minimal take up, just enough weight to prevent accidental discharges, clean crisp break, minimal over travel while still remaining reliable, and short clean reset.

JJ45

I think the perfect triggers are on finely tuned 1911s, H&K P7M8s, and Sig P210s. These or on guns that I own. I know there are a lot of other great triggers out there, but the ideal trigger for me would be minimal take up, just enough weight to prevent accidental discharges, clean crisp break, minimal over travel while still remaining reliable, and short clean reset.
That pretty much describes the perfect trigger.

For me, a clean break is more important than a very light break, as long as the squeeze is not too heavy. A clean break means no perceptible creep (take up) and very minimal over travel.

I have a Ruger 77/22 .22LR bolt gun that I installed a Timney sear. It seems a distant sneeze would be enough to set her off. It's a bit too light for me especially when small game hunting in cold weather, but some like it. For pistols, the 1911, in a good specimen, is hard to beat. Of course it is SA only which makes it easier to get a very good trigger.