• Remington VTR

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Thompson/Center Icon Weather shield

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
No point in lugging anything heavy when the range is guesstimated to be no more than 300 yards. My next criterion, then, would be whichever is lightest among the available choices.

As to accuracy, whichever is likely to provide cold-barrel three-shot groups a tad inside of 1.5 MOA. Sure, tighter is better, but it's not an absolute necessity.

Maligator

I voted Tikka T3 because it has a butter smooth action, very crisp trigger and is very reasonably priced with a MOA guarentee out of the box! I bought mine in 300WSM and am very very pleased with it. I get .5 to .75 moa groups when shooting Nosler 180 accubonds :D

tINY

Sauer, Ultra-light Arms, Ed Brown, Surgeon, McMillan... There are lots of choices. You have to decide what features you need and then find one that fits.

-tINY

davlandrum

I just voted for the Rem SPS - because that is what I own in a 30-06. Rifle was out-of-the-box accurate with every commercial ammo I tried. I am a synthetic/stainless addict, and a Rem loyalist.

I ain't going to try and sell you what I like, which ever stikes your fancy is fine with me.

JKump

Any advantages does the Remington SPS have over the Remington VTR? Looking at the data the VTR has a 22 inch barrel and the SPS 24 inch. The write up on the VTR states it is ideal for long range shooting. With it's shorter barrel and the design of the barrel it should be lighter and easier to carry.

fisherman66

The Sako is a really nice rifle. If price is not the main object and you have coin left for a scope deserving of a Sako (and the fit works for you) then Sako might be the nicest rifle listed. Ruger offers tremendous bang for the buck and the Hawkeye stock is great. I just don't like the matte finish, but that's just personal preference.

Good to see the Savages coming out of the woodwork to waste bandwidth. They sure do love their rifle. I wonder if some of them have ever tried another maker's gun. I don't mean to disparage the actual rifles. They aren't junk, but the fit and finish leave something to desire in my book. I do like the CZ, but if the fella doesn't want one there are still 'bout 10 other choices he likes.

James R. Burke

Just myself I do like the Ruger rifles, they are all pretty good, and we all have our favorites. I guess it will come down to what you like, and feel good with. You will be the only one to know that. 300 yards is a long one with anything. Make sure you are very, very, good at 100, then 200 etc. Good luck, have fun and keep it safe.