Decent Inexpensive Scopes?

J.G. Terry

Inexpensive Scopes

I was grousing about having to find out real values of clicks etc. on promotional scopes mounted on the rifles from the factory.. A fellow shooter pointed that those scopes are intended to be set and stay that way. Meaning won't do for folks who do a bunch of shooting and working up loads. The FF Burris and Nikon Pro Staff have done very well for me and have good service backup. The VX-1 Leupold scope is a another very good value. I actively use all three of these scopes. Those big ticket thousand dollar scopes are a different world of their own. It's not all show.

dakota.potts

I was looking for an inexpensive classical looking scope for a custom .30-06 we did in class with hand-carved walnut stocks and high gloss blue. I found a Leupold VX-1 on sale in the neighborhood of $140 and it has been great.

CalmerThanYou

I did a ton of research and just ordered a Bushnell elite tactical 6-24 x50mm Not exactly "Inexpensive" But at under $900 bucks pretty decent in the overall world of optics.

taylorce1

It's all perspective, when I bought my first scopes rifle I spent $60 on a Japanese made Bushnell 3-X40 and thought that was expensive. Then I got a better job and bought a Leupold Vari-X III for $400 and that hurt the wallet. Now I wouldn't hardly touch a scope under $200 if buying new, and would spend up to $600 without a second thought. Over $600 the scopes are usually more specialized than I need for what I'm trying to do.

For me a VX2 3-9X40 is usually my first choice for a hunting rifle, VX1 and the FFII aren't far behind. If I'm looking for something more tactical the SWFA Super Sniper fixed power scopes are what I look for. If I need a handgun scope for the money the Bushnell Trophy is pretty good.

Picher

About 8 years ago, I ordered a Leupold VX2 3-9X 40mm for me and a VX1 2-7X for a neighbor. When they came, I checked out the images and was surprised at how much better the VX2 was. It was both brighter and sharper than the VX1, though the VX1 was okay and a fine scope for deer hunting, etc.

The neighbor shot a beautiful buck, using the scope last fall...the one I had pictures of with my game camera. Dang!

CDR_Glock

I love Vortex, and as a veteran they give heavy discounts. Redfield is excellent for the money.

My newest favorite is Primary Arms. Yeah the warranty isn't long but it's rare that I submit for warranty work on anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro