Deals at garage sales you have found ??

Rembrandt

Herters Turret press.....$5

Remington 512.....$15

Img_6108.jpg

Img_2840.jpg

dabigguns357

My brother found a .22 cal long rifle at a yard sale just before i went to see him.It's one i've never even heard of or seen either.It had no trigger or trigger guard,the stock was as smooth as a babies butt.I had to get him to show me how to shoot it.I don't remember the name but he got it for 10.00.

You pull the firing knob back and push down on a hammer and it actually fires.He seems to think it was dated about 1896 or so.I could only dream of finding such goods.

klambpix

Sears JC Higgins magazine fed 22...$20
CZ52, Traditions 50cal side lock muzzleloader, Savage 24v( I think) O/U 357 mag over 20g., Italian made 12g single shot, 308 Spanish Guard conversion(not sure of exact details, but it shoots good)...all for $300
Oh, and bought a Win 94 Ranger with scope for $125

Like the other guy said, you won't know unless you go, and sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask a few questions.

UniversalFrost

last year was at a neighbors garage sale after her husband died and scored a nice mummified no 4 mk II (never issued, it it's protective cloth/cosmo wrapping) for$75 and the lady told me i had to take the case of ammo with it (radway AP) :rolleyes: I felt bad about making out with such a good deal, so I bought some of her other knick knacks just to give her some extra cash. The whole time i was handing over the cash I told her the gun and ammo was worth a lot more than what she was asking, but she just told me to take it and she didn't like having guns around the house. Her son had taken all the other guns, but didn't want an "old bolt action in a weird caliber" :D ..

I still have the enfield mummified, but i have shot some of the ammo thru my other enfields and I still think I have over 1k of the ammo left :cool: not bad for $75

MDB

I got a Belguim made Browning BLR in 308 cal. for $200. I look and ask everytime I go to the sales.

cw_mi

At a garage sale in northern MI , near our cabin and old timer had a bunch of old Craftsmen boxend and open end wrenches. He must have been a tool maker or something because the smallest sizes were 1" and went up from there. I paid $1 a piece for them.

At the begining of this year my BIL called and said a widowed friend of his had some guns to get rid of. He doesn't know a lot about guns but said one of them had 10mm on it, their were a couple of .357 wheel guns, a Glock .40, a .380 and a lever action rifle .44mag. Someone offered her $1500 and bailed. So I bit and went over to look at them. Here's what they were:

Colt Delta Elite w/8 mags 7 of the loaded up
S&W 686-6 .357mag
Ruger Gp101
Full size 3rd gen Glock .40
Grendel .380
Winchester lever action .44mag rifle
200 rounds of .357mag
50 rounds .380
50 rounds .44mag
Well she ended up wanting to keep the rifle so I offered $1300 for everything and she was happy with that. I asked her several times if she wanted to keep one of the guns but she didn't except for the rifle.
Not an incredible deal or rare gun find but I was happy. I wanted the Delta and the 686 and sold off the rest.