Deal or No Deal?

9x19

Although many have tried (Sig, H&K, S&W (twice), HS(now Springfield XD), Steyr, etc.), IMO nobody builds a better Glock, than Glock.

:D

pilpens

I played with my M&P and Glock 34 side by side.
I think I have narrowed down why my accuracy is worst with the M&P than the Glock.

The trigger break on my M&P is not crisp. There is a little bit of creep on the trigger before it breaks and it throws me off.
Grip feels very comfortable on the M&P but the trigger break even after the APEX parts is not as crisp as the tweaked Glock.

I want the M&P to work for me. So, I will continue to practice with the M&P but if I cannot master the trigger, it will be on the chopping block.

P5 Guy

A Fulcrum trigger kit (?) from Brownell's is $179 is that the tweaking we are talking about for Glocks?

Justice06RR

If I found myself the unfortunate owner of a Glock, any Glock, I would be happy to trade it for anything anyone cared to offer me for it. Naturally, I would hope to get another firearm, or money, but lacking that, take anything you can get. To get out of a Glock, I'd even consider taking poison ivy, malaria, or a curable venereal disease.

ROFL. Best post yet about Glocks. Might have to steal that line. :p

Everyone knows Glocks especially the 9mms are Gaston's Perfection

This is actually Gaston's Fallacy.

No gun is "perfect". If you like Glock's, stick to it. If not, get something else. Its a love-hate thing.

I've owned and shot many Glock's alongside M&P's, XD's, and other handguns. You will get a thousand different responses from people regarding the matter. My first handgun I ever shot was a Glock23. Then a few years later I carried a G19 for a while. They're great guns, but not without their issues. I've since sold both.

My take, if the Glock works for you, then keep it. If you want to try something else, get the M&P. Its an awesome gun.

Dragline45

I prefer the ergos and sights of the M&P over the Glock, and although I think the Glock has a slightly better trigger than the M&P I don't dislike the M&P trigger. Personally you cant go wrong with either, and before you sell the Glock try out an M&P.

Constantine said:
C'mon now. Grown men are saying that a Glock feels like a 2x4..oh jeez. My 5'2 girlfriend and her friends are fine with them.

People say it feels like a 2X4 simply because the ergos suck on it. It is blocky to say the least.

Notice how where the webbing of your hand contacts the grip on the M&P it is thinned out, which is also the same for the Ruger SR series pistols, where as the Glock grip is just the same dimensions all the way through. The M&P also has a palm swell, where again the Glock grip is the same all the way through. Everything about the M&P makes for a more comfortable grip, for me at least.

101_0011-1.jpg

Last edited:

dgludwig

Good description, Dragline45. Of course, the "fat" grip of the Glock might fit some hands better than thinner handles do. Fit and/or handling are terms rife with personal opinion and subjectivity and often times only the individual user can make the most informed decision as to what is "best" for him or her.

dakota1911

Most ranges I go to have these to rent. One range is $10 a gun and you can shoot it all day. Their range fee is $8 a day. Take ammo, camp out all day and compare.

Dashunde

No Deal here... I absolutely detest that sticky embedded rubbery grip goop the S&W's use.
Sure, its very nice for gripping and shooting, but I am very skeptical of its longevity in terms of decades.

I'm not sure S&W is using the same stuff, but I've come across similar materials before on other products. It typically softens, gets oily'ish or (worse) tacky/sticky/filthy and for some reason it puffs up a bit from whatever its absorbing.

brit3

I have had numerous Glocks - 23, 19 (4 of them!), 30SF, 21SF...I once had an M&P9. It felt good in the hand. Trigger sucked. The clincher was on round 99 out of 100, it jammed. Sold it. Glock wins.

Dashunde

Yep, when I was looking for a full size .45
I just dont like that stuff that is softer than the surrounding poly.

Dragline45

I never found the grip on the M&P's to be sticky. But as far as longevity of rubber grips, I have had Hogue rubber grips on my pistols for years with no change besides the rubber texture beads getting worn down from use, sort of like the sole of a shoe would with use. I have never experienced them softening, getting oily, or absorb oil and puff up like you described. I have Hogue grips on my Sig 232, Beretta M9A1, Ruger 22/45, and a Hogue Overmold stock and forend on my Mossberg 500 and no problems with any of them.

Last edited:

P5 Guy

At the range today the gentleman in the next lane had a M&P in 9mm.
After a short chat with him we traded pistols and even he preferred the Glock 19 to his M&P. I found the M&P's trigger to be spongy with no discernible break.
I did like the thinner front sight.

My humble opinion, I'm keeping 'Gaston's Perfection' ( :p ) and sticking to S&W revolvers and Third Generation and older Smiths.
Nothing sits in my hand like my 639.

kcub

Does the M&P break down for cleaning as easy as a Glock?

Most compares ignore this point but it's important. Guns that are easy to take down tend to get cleaned thoroughly. Guns that are a PITA to take down (or put back together) tend to get a "whore's bath" of CLP and no takedown at all.

P5 Guy

Does the M&P break down for cleaning as easy as a Glock?

A point well made, I'd need to see a Utuber clip on that. I can fully disassemble a Glock in minutes with a pin punch and a small screw driver.