Darn.....No Flintlocks?

bbqncigars

Dang, those are too purty to shoot. I'd love to cuddle with them at night, though.;) I only have a kit built Harper's Ferry flint pistol. It's a riot to shoot. Definitely shoots point-of-perp to 50'. Using the typical issue rifle loads of the time, it's extremely impressive on both ends. The old ones could get the job done.

Wyosmith

Naaaaaaaaa..........they are not too pretty to shoot or hunt with. That's what I make them for.
I hunt with my 62 cal flinter all the time, and I have killed a lot of game with it.
MyRifle3.jpg

myRifle2.jpg

I make them for men and women all over the USA and the world, and most of them hunt with the rifles I make.

Rifleman1776

Lot of great rifles here. Thanks for sharing them guys. I would like to compliment you all but that would take a very long post. I am delighted the tradition survives.
For the record, one of my flintlocks. And, for the record, I don't build mine. Done by friends. I don't have the talent. I have built some but not as fine as yours or this one.
It is a Jaeger in .54 cal. curly maple wood, Germanic style lock.
Rats. I couldn't upload pic because it is already in the monthly photo contest. Take a look.