Dan Wesson Revolvers - question

RUT

>>I put a 15-2 in 90% condition with a 2.5", 4" and 6" barrel on my local gun forum this summer and it sold in days for $500<<

With three barrels I would hope so. But a M14 for $550.00?? Somebody's dreaming.

trex1310

For all of you DW enthusiasts, I have a DW VH8, serial# IHMSA67.
I might be interested in selling it. I bought it new in the late 70's, early
80's. I think I still have the box it came in.

wdelack

For all of you DW enthusiasts, I have a DW VH8, serial# IHMSA67.
I might be interested in selling it. I bought it new in the late 70's, early
80's. I think I still have the box it came in.

There are a good number of members over at the www.danwessonforum.com that would be very interested in one of the IHMSA guns.

shooting4life

I enjoy my dw's. They are nicer than rugers but not as nice as smiths. I really like the supermag series and have 3 of them. Love the looks when i take out my 15-2 with a 15 inch barrel (also have the other 4 barrels for the pistol pack).
IMG_2950.jpg

Here is my 445 supermag
IMG_2974.jpg

375 supermag
IMG_2971.jpg

357 supermag
IMG_2948.jpg

And 22
IMG_2954.jpg

warnerwh

"Until it comes time to sell one...then expect to take a bath."

That's an interesting statement. I'd like to know where you found that info. I own several Dan Wessons and each one is worth significantly more than I paid for it, like anywhere from 50.00 to a 100.00+ each more depending on which gun. Dan Wesson revolvers are appreciating in value. You're more likely to make a profit when you sell a Dan Wesson than lose anything if you paid fair market value. ;)

Last edited:

Peter M. Eick

I agree. As long as you don't buy DW's new, then between resellers the price does not change much.

I find my DW's are solid well built guns and very accurate. Also they are easy to clean if you pull the barrel routinely.

Sevens

I don't own any DW revolvers. First time I came across them was as a kid on the range at the Sportsman's club where I cut my teeth. My first shots from a Dan Wesson revolver were from a .357 Max. Pretty cool!

I've always thought I'd own one -- I don't yet. But I'm not done yet... I imagine I will find a nice 6-inch .357 Mag, and I'll bring it home.

But here is my question!
CZ-USA's Dan Wesson has produced a new version of these, as shown here on their site.
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dw715/
Question is... are these real, or vaporware?
I've not yet EVER heard anyone discuss them as shooters that they have in their hands.

Certainly, it could be because I haven't searched out any conversation on the subject. I have not visited that Dan Wesson forum linked three times in this thread. (I think I will visit it!) I'm sure that they know the answer to this question.

But what about here? Does anyone have a NEW Dan Wesson revolver? Know anyone that does? Seen one in a shop or on a shooting range?

Me, I'm a used gun kinda guy for the most part. I'll snag an older Monson DW, I don't need or want a new one. But I'm still curious. We talk about e-v-e-r-y dang gun here on TFL, but when does anyone EVER talk about a new production CZ Dan Wesson?

Ever?

Mello2u

Sevens

We talk about e-v-e-r-y dang gun here on TFL, but when does anyone EVER talk about a new production CZ Dan Wesson?

Ever?

Sevens,

There is a lot of talk about Dan Wesson semi-autos. DW revolvers; not much at all.

aryfrosty

Dan Wessons

I have to agree that there hasn't been a lot of talk about the CZ clones. I have never seen one so I don't know if they are close to the originals in quality. I have owned a 14, a 15 and two 744s and I liked them. Once the novelty wore off they were just another revolver and there are a lot of other choices.

mes227

I have 4 of the DW SuperMag series (.357SM, .375SM and .445SM), a .44 Rhino conversion, the .460 Rowland, and a pre-CZ 1911. All fantastic guns! I'll pick up the .357Mag (especially the packs with multiple barrels) when I find one at the right price.

kyredneck1961

dan wesson 22 monson mass 6 in deep blued 22 cal

i just bought a dan wesson model 22 i think 22 cal deep bluing , 6 in adjustible rear sight hi-vis front , checkered target wood grips . 6 shot 22 cal. super nice condition with a light cyl ring only mark on gun serial no. is 4 digit 44xx..any info would be helpful thank,s year , value etc....

kahrguy

Shooting4life That is purely showing off. Shame shame. Beautifull group of DW's

So many DW revolver post at one time!! I love my 4 dw's. Old DWs from the monson era early palmer are for me are far better than what you can buy today from all but freedom as far as production handguns go.

kahrguy

So many DW revolver post at one time!! I love my 4 dw's. Old DWs from the monson era early palmer are for me are far better than what you can buy today from all but freedom as far as production handguns go.

CajunBass

i just bought a dan wesson model 22 i think 22 cal deep bluing , 6 in adjustible rear sight hi-vis front , checkered target wood grips . 6 shot 22 cal. super nice condition with a light cyl ring only mark on gun serial no. is 4 digit 44xx..any info would be helpful thank,s year , value etc....

I see this thread has resurfaced after being away for a year or so.

If you've got a 4 digit S/N gun, it's no doubt a "Monson gun" made in the Monson, Mass plant, early in the production. I can't give you an idea when it was made, but these folks can probably at least take a SWAG.

http://www.danwessonforum.com

Since I last posted on this, I found another DW, 22, this one also a Monson Gun, with a 4" VH barrel. The trigger on this one is as good or maybe better that any other D/A revolver I've ever owned.

100_0444.jpg

And they're not inexpensive anymore. The market has discoverd them and they're on the way up.j

What's yours worth? What'd you pay for it?