CZ75 SRS from CGW

Tucker 1371

Hey y'all, recently acquired a CZ75 SP01 9mm after a year of saving up and searching for it. All I can say is dang! Love this gun! Maybe even more than my Colt 1911 (gasp! :eek:). I've only put 100 rounds of WWB through it so far but I am impressed.

The only thing I want to improve is the reset on the trigger, I'd like to make it a little shorter. I've found Cajun Gun Works short reset system but I have no clue how to install it and haven't found a video of someone installing JUST the SRS. The videos I can find are all kind of long and confusing because the show like 3 different kits being installed at once.

Has anyone here done this kit and if so could you upload some pictures or a video of how it's done? Or point me in the direction of one?

Thanks!

Walt Sherrill

Have you talked with David Milam, at CGW? He is typically pretty helpful with advice and instructions when someone buys parts from him. That may be all you need...

Tucker 1371

Didn't think about that. I really forget how small and personable some of of the online custom shops are. I'll shoot him an email.

Uncle Malice

Congrats on the gun. I've always wanted to get a CZ, but they just seem so... I don't know... sloppy? to me? I guess I don't like the way that that exposed rail sticks out the front of the gun beyond the frame.

I have been eyeballing the P07/P09 models recently though.

TunnelRat

I've installed these in two pistols and had to disassemble the pistols probably a half dozen times or so. David is a member here and will probably stop in anyway. I ordered the kit and installed it myself. I found a couple excellent guides. Depending on whether or not you are disassembling a safety or decocker model there are some differences, but that said any of the following will probably cover what you need.

Safety:
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773
http://www.olegnikitin.com/news/complete-disassembly-assembly-of-cz-75-sp-01-shadow

Decocker:
http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=42855&page=2
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=504172

There is a video series linked to here as well in case you prefer videos. Sometimes videos do help you understand the positioning better, but I often prefer the text and picture approach because with videos I end up pausing and going back a lot.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=70584.0

There is a LOT of detail here. It can make it all seem daunting, but these folks are simply trying to give you all the information you could need. In addition, if you get stuck email or call David at CGW. He responds very quickly and is very helpful.

I'd also suggest the following tools from CGW for the SRS install if you have a decocker model. They make your life a LOT easier (if you have a similar started punch skip that and just get the pin, I didn't at the time):
https://cajungunworks.com/product/inst-dc-dcer-install-kit/
https://cajungunworks.com/product/s-pin/

Edit: Oops you have the safety model so I don't think you'll need the above slave pin, or at least not as much. For any of the CZ parts though, if you do see slave pins available I always recommend grabbing them. A few bucks saves a lot of frustration.

Last edited:

Tucker 1371

Congrats on the gun. I've always wanted to get a CZ, but they just seem so... I don't know... sloppy? to me? I guess I don't like the way that that exposed rail sticks out the front of the gun beyond the frame.

Nothing sloppy about this pistol at all. Don't think about it, just buy one! I've shot quite a few different handguns and never thought I'd find one I liked better than a 1911, I was wrong. Hard to argue with night sights, 18+1 rounds and superb controllability. The only thing my 5" Colt has on my CZ is the trigger, and not by much.

Thanks for the links TunnelRat! I'll be checking them out shortly.

Walt Sherrill

I don't like the way that that exposed rail sticks out the front of the gun beyond the frame.

Easily fixed with a Dremel and some cold bluing chemicals...:D

It does make one wonder WHY they couldn't shorten the slide or lengthen the dust cover just a bit, though...

+1k ammo

TunnelRat
Quote:
I've always wanted to get a CZ, but they just seem so... I don't know... sloppy? to me? I guess I don't like the way that that exposed rail sticks out the front of the gun beyond the frame.

How does this gun compare say to a G17 or is it night and day with metal vs. poly frame?

Looking to get a g41 MOS however I could be swayed...

Limnophile

^ In terms of shootability and ergonomics, you will very likely find the CZ to be superior. If you have high time preference, a Glock will almost certainly be easier to find and get serviced or customized, and being lighter, the Glock is more comfy to carry.

Tucker 1371

How does this gun compare say to a G17 or is it night and day with metal vs. poly frame?

Looking to get a g41 MOS however I could be swayed...

I would say its about as night and day as you can get other than the fact that they are both large duty size pistols. Hammer fired vs striker, Plastic vs all metal, 9mm vs .45... Yeah they're pretty different.

I say go with the CZ, it's big and heavy but if you buy top quality carry gear then it is comfortable and concealable. I carry it in a crossbreed belt and a holster I made myself, modeled after a Galco Supertuck. Recoil is about as low as a centerfire pistol can get and quick follow up shots are easy. The factory grips are perfect to me, kind of a not too hard not to soft rubber. Not to mention it came with night sights and holds 18+1 rounds. I'm issued a Glock 22 at work and I much prefer my CZ, I'm easily more accurate with it.

My CCW rig

TunnelRat

I'm issued a Glock 22 at work and I much prefer my CZ, I'm easily more accurate with it.

Comparing a 40SW to a 9mm is a bit flawed, to be fair. To get a good idea you'd really want to compare them in the same caliber.

I own both a G19 and a CZ P-01. I can shoot the CZ more accurately, but for weight, ease of use, aftermarket support, and recoil I actually prefer my Glock 19. Full sized steel pistols aren't something I carry (I know others can and do, I just don't).

Last edited:

1hogfan83

My P-01 got Davids full carry package and combat trigger along with night sights. Super nice guy and since it was my first semi custom pistol I hope he didn't ruin me for future ventures. I may buy a P-09 straight from him, he tried to sell me just the parts and tell me how to do it but I wasn't very familiar with the cz platform. In the end, David is a nice guy, you shouldn't have any problems.

Tucker 1371

Comparing a 40SW to a 9mm is a bit flawed, to be fair. To get a good idea you'd really want to compare them in the same caliber.

Well yes, but he was asking about the .45 ACP Glock 41 versus the 9mm CZ75 SP01. I'd prefer a Glock 17 to my 22 but that's a different story for a different thread.

I own both. I can shoot the CZ more accurately, but for weight, ease of use, aftermarket support, and recoil I actually prefer my Glock 19.

The G19 beats the CZ recoil wise? Ive shot a Gen3 19 and I did like it, it's actually the gun that got me looking for a 9mm in the first place, but I recall it having a little more snap than my CZ. But then again it's been over a year since I've shot that G19 and I'm not you nor you me. In my hands the CZ feels a little softer and less flippy.

I agree that the medium sized Glocks are a little easier to conceal and not as heavy on the belt but I personally hate that wide blocky slide against my side. In my home made holster on a crossbreed belt I actually forget I'm carrying my 5" 1911 or my CZ sometimes. I've actually fallen asleep on the couch with a gun on a couple of times :eek:

Were in total agreement on the aftermarket support though, it's a royal pain to find anything for them.

Last edited:

TunnelRat

The G19 beats the CZ recoil wise? Ive shot a Gen3 19 and I did like it, it's actually the gun that got me looking for a 9mm in the first place, but I recall it having a little more snap than my CZ. But then again it's been over a year since I've shot that G19 and I'm not you nor you me. In my hands the CZ feels a little softer and less flippy.

This is me comparing against a P-01 with an alloy frame, I forgot to add that. I'll edit the above.

I personally hate that wide blocky slide against my side

If you compare just the width of the slide, the Glock is actually fairly narrow compared to a lot of other options. It's 1.18 in. wide at the widest point as opposed to the SP-01 at 1.46 in. wide (though of course that includes the safety lever). It's the blockiness that makes it seem wider.

Last edited:

Smathersfish

There is no comparison between any variation of CZ75 and a Glock. If you don't believe me try it for yourself. Everyone that shoots mine shoots it better than their Glock. The triggers may need to be polished or shot a lot to reach their full potential but they are better than most out of the box. This is just my opinion and remember opinions are like Glocks!

TunnelRat

There is no comparison between any variation of CZ75 and a Glock. If you don't believe me try it for yourself.

I have. I own both. Triggers are very subjective. People can shoot well with either in my experience.

I have. I own both. Triggers are very subjective. People can shoot well with either in my experience.

Agreed. Triggers are subjective, and ergonomics are subjective - both of which affects recoil and accuracy far more than any objective mechanical property of the gun.

I'm not a fan of the Glock ergos, but they're fine pistols and dominate the market for very good reasons. CZs have a small, but very devoted following because they feel just right for a certain percentage of the population (including myself).

Tucker 1371

Ok so I screwed up. Broke my SP01 down yesterday and cautiously hand polished the sides of the hammer and the transfer bar contact points. Made a slave pin for the trigger return spring and went to reassemble and couldn't get the trigger back in. Kept wiggling the trigger around and tapping on the trigger pin and just could not get it to budge. I wound up bending the trigger pin :mad: :eek:

So as soon as I saw my trigger pin bend I hopped on CGW and ordered the SRS 1 along with a tool steel trigger pin.

Anyone have trouble like this when mucking around with your CZs? I think the nail I used for a slave pin might have been too thin.