CZ vs ????????

Eric Larsen

I just wanted to post a thread about all of the CZ vs (insert any gun name here) comparisons lately on this and many other forums.

Ive been a follower of CZ's for a while and happily admit to be a CZForum Staff member. I believe these guns are excellent and a great value also.

The whole CZ vs whatever....is a great thing. Its becoming a common gun to use as a baseline for comparison. I think that speaks very highly of these guns....keep it up.

Now if there popularity and newly found success in the states causes the prices to go up.....I may start a "CZ's arent great guns" thread! :D

Shoot well

Richard

CZ75 vs Sig P226

The CZ 75 wins the price war. It also wins the cost of high capacity magazines, and finish. The Sig wins the accuracy category, weight category, interior finish, and its factory grips feel better. Toss ups are very good sights on the newer CZ vs Sigs have always had good sights. Accuracy is definitely a toss up. I like and I am glad I own both types of handguns. Regards, Richard

Cee-Zed

Since Eric pulled up at the brink, I will "go there."

People mention the price, not because "they are really good for a less expensive auto," but because "they are every bit as good as 9mms and .40s that cost 2-3X more."

I agree that the 97B is the finest handgun I own. I own a 1911A1, and they are more accurate than the vast majority of stock 1911A1s. This can be a misleading comparison, because there aren't that many stock 1911A1s out there.

BrianM

Bought my 75B based on the huge amount of praise it recieved here on TFL. I love that gun. Plan to buy more CZ's.

Cee-Zed

"What about CZ-40B vs. Colt Z-40 ? Compare and contrast?"

One has "Colt" on the slide. The other has "CZ." No joke.

SLIM410

:)

Had a CZ-52 for 3 weeks one time. It was like a novelty for me. Paid $162.50 for it and sold it for $150 after putting about 300 rds through it. Nice old 7.62X25 pistol.

:)

Last edited:

VVG

CZ's are a value choice and prices have increased from the $175-250 charged in Military Road & Gun clubs in the 80's to the present $350-425 for CZ75B's, or about double.

But the Colt Gold Cup Series 70 I bought back then for $340 has nearly tripled in value during the same period. Buy the gun because you like it, and if you like it, who can argue with that?

denfoote

CZ's are fine pistols!! However, I have had to reject them for my use due to one reason: The grip is to fat!! Having smallish hands, (I wear extra small gloves!!) ergonomics is of paramount importance for me when choosing a handgun. With the CZ-75, my fingers barely reach the trigger and to fire the weapon, I have to cock my wrist off the longitudinal axis of my arm. Not a good thing for accuracy or speed of shots!! :eek: In a mad liberal rush to fair and balanced, the same problem exists for the G17 and G30!!! ;)

Eric Larsen

CZ's arent great guns! :rolleyes: I hear prices going up already......LOVE IT. I agree with the Sig comments except the more accurate....depends on the gun and shooter, just an opinion :eek:
I can equate my love for these guns as the same kind of deep rooted, semi romantic attraction that certain revlovers appeal to people also....sure they dont hold a gazillion rounds and reload slower in comparison...but it just doesnt matter. I love the guns.

As far as your hands being that small, denfoote...almost every gun out there is gonna pose a problem...at least slightly.
The Kahrs are probably an exception and a BHP with a slimmer grip on it....just a couple.

Keep it up...shoot well

MiniZ

This is definitely a subjective argument, as long as you are comparing quality made makes.(CZ obviously beats a Lorcin, but CZ vs Glock/Sig/HK has more subjective argument than objective).

For me, the CZ75 is one of the best 9MM available, and arguably the best for the money. For me, the only 9MM I like as much is the BHP-and I have owned SIGs, HKs, and Glocks. It is certainly a preference thing.

I also have a CZ97 that I just had a chance to shoot today. For a gun that is mostly box stock, I am impressed. Is it the best .45 out there? I don't think so. I do like it, but for me, the 1911 "feels" a little better-but the CZ is definitely more accurate(in my hands) than my Kimber or my Springfield.

From a price perspective, the CZ is hard to beat. The pistols are priced in the mid level, but they do seem to provide top tier performance.

Just my thoughts...

denfoote

As far as your hands being that small, denfoote...almost every gun out there is gonna pose a problem...at least slightly.
The Kahrs are probably an exception and a BHP with a slimmer grip on it....just a couple.

Eric,
That's why I have an MK9 and a BHP already!! ;)
The Walther P99 fits with the smallest grip insert installed as does my beloved G36 and my wife's G26. CZ's just do not!!! :(

Eric Larsen

Mini....agree and disagree...shocked, huh? As far as the arguement...I dont see one or a reason for such. All who post have good points.

However, you pretty much nailed it for all of us.

"From a price perspective, the CZ is hard to beat. The pistols are priced in the mid level, but they do seem to provide top tier performance."

You made the entire point for the thread. Who in there right mind would deny Sig, HK and others the respect and reputation they deseve and have rightfully earned. Not me.......

I just made a point, how CZ's are getting compared to everything lately...thus, being the basis of comparison. That pretty much says everything....Shoot well

Denfoote...Have any thoughts of maybe a model 60 or an SP with a Butler Creek Boot grip?...may work out for you...but they're addictive...be forewarned! :D

Shoot well

scott v

Cz-40 vs 945-40

How's this, my cz-40b compares very nicely with my 945-40.I have other performance center pistols I shoot side by side,and the cz-40 does not have to take a back seat to any of them.I also have a 9mm all steel compact that not broke in yet.so no real comment on that gun.I hope it turns out half as good as my 40b.

I really like cz pistols,old and new.

caz223

As for CZ vs. glock, the glocks are so 'strange' that either you will get used to them, or you won't.
If you get used to a glock, all others will feel strange, and you will start liking grape kool-aid.
CZ vs. sig/H&K, tough crowd. They cost more, and they ARE better. The question is, how much better?
Wanna hear a really tough one?
CZ vs. used 3rd generation smith. That's a tough comparison.

mbott

"What about CZ-40B vs. Colt Z-40 ? Compare and contrast?"

One has "Colt" on the slide. The other has "CZ." No joke.

Cee Zed, Wasn't the Colt Z40 supposed to be DAO? I believe that's the major difference between the two....besides the markings.

--
Mike