CZ vs. Glock

Which 9mm is better for me?

• CZ-75b

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Glock 17

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Cee-Zed

The B and BD are the EXACT same gun, except for the safety differences. This person was probably comparing the BD to the pre-B. The B models generally have a poorer trigger than a pre-B, due to the former's firing pin block mechanism.

CZ-UB has a pre-release regimen that "breaks in" the gun for you, to some extent. They have a device that dry fires and cycles the gun about a thousand times in a bath of oil. Some do a little better than others (probably due to which machine was used). They all smooth out pretty well with use.

chaim

Anyone know if the CZ-75bd's trigger is as good as the 75b's?
No idea, good question though. My best guess is that it is pretty much the same, but I really don't know. Any BD owners out there want to comment about the quality of their triggers?

No need to blow a fuse. Have you fired a G34? The trigger is nothing like that of a G17.
Tecolote,

I don't think I blew a fuse. I certainly wasn't angry (if you took it that way I apologize). I was a little shocked (at least that's what I wanted to convey).

I've shot several Glocks and dry fired several others. I'm not sure if one was the G34. If not I'm sure I'll eventually try it. If I find that the trigger is significantly better than the others I'll be sure to let everyone on TFL know (I'll probably start a thread- I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong).

Pico

BD Trigger

Until someone mentioned it in the CZ forum I didn't notice it but there is a slight click in the uptake of the SA trigger on the BD only. This is from the decocker mechanism. Does not detract at all from shooting. In fact it is a gauge for the end of the slack in the trigger. When I shoot at the range, I squeeze until the click, sight in, and fire. To be honest, it is only noticeable at home when dry firing or testing the trigger. In the real world at the range it is completely unnoticeable.

I don't care for manual safeties... might get you killed if it's on and you need it off in a hurry. I like the decocker version. I also am considering a CZ 100 DAO for a car and carry gun. Rack it, point, and pull.

In a defensive situation it doesn't really matter. The trigger fires everytime for me.

blades67

I'd get the Glock because of your concern about longevity and ease of repairs. The Glock can be completely disassembled with a small punch and almost all of its parts can be replaced by you without need of a gunsmith.

PeteyPete

Glock gets my vote..

Ultimately it comes down to whats most comfortable in your hand, i've held both and prefer the glock. Also, glocks have a great reputation regarding their reliability, longivity, and ease of maintance.

meat

Thanks for all the replies. I think that I may be going w/ the CZ-75bd deal since $ is really tight right now.