CZ Question - owners and enthusiasts wanted

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. It's been my experience with several CZ75s and one CZ83 that the company makes very fine handguns. The vast majority seem to be reliable as sin and the ones I've shot have all been quite accurate. CZ-USA has great customer support and their gunsmith has been pretty darned good from what I've read.

I've been shooting the same CZ75s since the early to mid-80s and all still shoot fine and are on original parts. Nothing's ever broken.

CZs are very good handguns.

Best.

meat

Once again, thanks again for all of the great help and responses. Since I'm pretty much set on getting the CZ-75bd, it was recommended that I get some Wolf Springs to replace the ones for the Slide and the magazines. Can anyone recommend the poundage of the springs that I should use? I plan to use this gun for the range and for home defense, so I want it to relaibly feed hollowpoints. Anyone know if the CZ's feed hollowpoints reliably w/ these springs in place?

VVG

Its actually funny that people relate to CZ's as a "bargain or beginner or cheap gun" ..as previously stated they were alot more before the wall came down. I have heard about 1000$ CZ's from
Canada...before the fog lifted.

Wow, I guess the CZ75's for $175-250 in the military Rod & Gun clubs in Europe in the early 80's were better deals than they seemed! As I paid $340 for a Colt Gold Cup Series 70 Mk IV, they didn't seem that compelling....

SDC

But where do you get holsters?

See above; I've got a 75B in 40 (and I'm looking to get an 85), but my biggest gripe is trying to find a holster that FITS; I'd like to find a rig I can use for IPSC (Production division), but haven't had any luck yet. I use a Kydex Sidearmour for my Glock, and something like that for my CZ would be ideal. Any ideas?

mbott

SDC,

Dillon lists what they call The Master for the CZ 75/85 for $45.96 US. Not sure it is usable for what you want, but there are people making holsters for the CZ line. I see that they are also listing the Compact, the 97B and the 100 in the same ad.

--
Mike

desert maus

CZ's are great and are going to be my next pistol. CZ and Brno have been around, in some form or another, for about 100 years. They manufactured some great Mauser rifles (VZ-24) back when they were more tightly integrated with Brno (the history is a long and complicated story...) CZ's were actually the most widely-used pistol for European police, until the Glock came along and was adopted because of it's light weight, knocking CZ into second place. Brno also makes great Mauser-type barrled actions, very affordable for those looking to build up their own rifle. These are imported by EAA, though, and not CZ-USA.
CZ's, Tanfolio/Winess and Brno are all great firearms, but are generally not as well-known in America. However, in Europe they're considered to be some of the best weapons. As stated before, this is primarily due to the iron curtain in Czechoslovakia (at least for the CZ's and Brno's) previous to the 80's, which basically prohibited their import into the US. Most people, for whatever reason, assume a firearm from the Czech Republic isn't going to be that great, but they're missing out on some of the best guns for WAY less than they could charge for them.
The hardest part is figuring out which one to get first..then second..then third...