CZ P10c anyone have or want one?

Walt Sherrill

iblong said:
I like Cz but if I don't like this one Im sure I can move it. $460.00 is what there charging me if it ever comes in.

I can't conceive of ordering a gun that I don't like and making plans to sell it before I've even put hands on it. That is especially the case for one that has received good reviews from some very knowledgeable shooters, and one that apparently has one of the better striker-fired triggers It's clearly a gun that wasn't RUSHED through design and production.

I guess we go about buying guns differently? Perhaps you're planning to make some money on a NIB unfired gun that is in high demand? If so, that approach to purchasing an unwanted gun might make sense. (Many folks did that with the Kel-Tec PMR-30, and made good money in the process.)

iblong

Walt, I didn't say I did not like it,being it is a cz I was willing to order one and take a chance.Just saying if it does not work out I should be able to sell it.

Walt Sherrill

I missed the "if I don't like it. Sorry.

That said, I think I'd wait until I could test fire (or, at least, dry-fire) one before I'd lay out hard dollars.

You might be able to move it on, and maybe even make a small profit, but the buyer will be getting a used gun without a warranty.

Overkill777

Initial reviews look great. I'm going to hold off for a while and see if any problems come up but it seems like a great pistol. Biggest downside seems to be the cost of magazines.

tahunua001

I'm mildly curious about them, but I've never been a huge fan of CZs, based on albeit very limited experience with them.

rmi63

I'm looking into getting one. I played around with the new M&P 2.0 and still wasn't all that pleased with the trigger. I have the original M&P but with Apex upgrades.

Ride Madone

CZ Facebook page says it will not be out till late April. If it feels good at the gun store, it will be my first CZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walt Sherrill

tahunua001 said:
I'm mildly curious about them, but I've never been a huge fan of CZs, based on albeit very limited experience with them.

The most common complaint about the hammer-fired CZs is the LONG double-action trigger pull. (Of course, you don't have to start from hammer down -- can safely start from half-cock -- in fact, you typically DO start from there with a decocker model -- or do a cocked and locked start with a safety-equipped models.) Otherwise, the ergonomics seem to fit most people very well.

The new CZ P10c is striker fired, so there's no long double-action start, and the design of the striker mechanism is subtly different, with a "stirrup" (i.e., trigger bars) that pushes on both sides of the striker assembly, so there's apparently no twist as the striker is released, and it breaks cleanly and crisply after a relatively short break-in period. Reset is apparently very short, as well.

I've had a bunch of CZs over the years, and still have two (85 Combat and P-07) as well as two CZ-pattern guns (a Sphinx SDP, and a custom AT-84s). I look forward to getting my hands on a P10c.