CZ P-01 came! PICS!!

Not really a lot of praise in here. A lot of detraction with lots of happiness to it.

Examples include people praising CZ while also noting:
CZ uses bad springs.
Finish isn't even.
Takes time to wear in.

First off, there's nothing wrong with them like that implies...

You have to understand what CZ is about... It's not about out of the box perfection at a meager price, it is about a very high quality product out of the box, for a meager price. Certain things that don't effect function are less refined, but the overall package is excellent, and as time goes on, the places they saved money on get even better. I am a huge CZ fan since really looking at their pistols and rifles up close, playing with them, etc. There are other guns, there are better guns, and there are cheaper guns, but only Ruger really matches them in the "what you get for little buy in" factor, and CZ does it with Eastern Bloc (lack of) flair.

Tomorrow morning throwing several hundred rounds through it, stoked!!!!!!!

Last edited:

FFournier

Be carful, you'll love it. I say be carful because I bought my wife one of these about two months ago. I hadn't even heard of CZ till I started hunting for a gun for my wife. As soon as I held the P01 I was hooked. So far I've bought her the P 01, and myself a P06, a 97 BD and a satin nickel 75 compact 9 that I'm waiting for. Should be here next week. Now do you see why I say be careful? :p

What is the most reliable CZ pistol?

The one made by CZ!

But seriously, this pistol is a blast! Went with the wife and tossed 300 rounds through it, S&B 115gr and Critical Defense 135gr+p, not a single problem... The only thing I can think of as bad is that 300 rounds left me wishing I had more, and a bucket of water to dunk the pistol in, my wife stopped shooting after a bit when the gun got hot...

It is a very sweet shooter, though, wife demolished a tv at about 20 yards, without issue. It shoots to point of aim (as it should...) and is very quick to get back on target.

Let's just finish here with "I LOVE THIS GUN!!!"!

IMAG0767.jpg

Oh, almost forgot, I also got an Uplula or whatever the crap it is... Best accessory ever! I can reload about 2-3 magazines in the time it takes the wife to empty 1, so I can be there for her more than hand-jamming mags, and more trigger time/less loading time is great! If you shoot autos, you should have one!

Oh, I did think of a "negative"... By it's very nature, it is harder to clean than a Glock or similar... Not really an issue, although I do love Glock simplicity.

Bottom line, WORTH IT. If you take nothing else from this thread, know this; If you are considering a CZ, do it. This is the start of a love affair for me. Don't tell my wife!

FairWarning

I can't think of any pistol I've ever held that feels better than the P-01 in the hand. Looking forward to having one some day. :D