CZ dementia

Oris

I always thought CZ-75B is #1, until I got CZ-97B.
Now, I think CZ-97B is #1. It's a marvelous pistol,
big and strong, and indeed, amazingly accurate.
Just got 3 extra mags from CDNN - .45 Witness 10
rounders by Meggar are 100% CZ-97B mags...
Thanks for advice on mags, guys...saved quite a bit
of money.

Pigshooter

Oris,

If the witness mags fit, maybe you could use EAA stuff to convert to 38 super? IMO, that would be a cooler dual-cartridge setup than 40S&W to 357 sig.

RBull

The CZ 97B is actually the gun made for US (...read .45 ACP loving) shooters! It is the US market this gun is made for... Here in Erope we are just fine with 9mm hardbals loaded in the hi-caps (including almost all LE departements)

Walt Sherrill

Orlando5 Wrote, in part:

The CZ 40 is rock solid. It was base on the Colt Z40. For $289 new, it was one of the best deals I made in a long time.

Well, actually, its the other way around. The Colt is based on the CZ-75 design...

I've got a 1911, a CZ-85 Combat and a CZ-40B. If you look at the parts diagrams for all of them, you'll see that the ONLY colt-like feature of hte CZ-40 is the grip angle, and that its PURE CZ-75 in all other respects. In fact, a lot of the part are identical, and the CZ-40 slide will work on the CZ-75 Frame. (It won't really function that way, though.)

Colt bought the CZ-75 design, changed the grip, and tried to sell it as a Colt. Then chickened out.

(The CZ-40B, like the CZ-75/75B/85/85B, has a slide that rides inside the frame, is both DA and SA, thereby allowing cocked and locked start), and is clearly a CZ, not Colt design.)

I'm not too enthused about my CZ-40B. I've had it gunsmithed, and the trigger is still too damned heavy. I've had worse guns, but I'll probably sell it one of these days, if I can't get a lighter trigger.

Last edited:

la rue

97b

you gotta go for the .45 97b.been nothing but a reliable pleasure since i picked it up.it displaced several of my older shooters as my favorite.the only
thing that i could only barely be negative about is that it is a huge gun!!!!
everyone should have one!!!!!

Eric Larsen

I like the CZ 97, 85, 75, 40, 83 and 45 alot. The 97 has to be handled and shot to appreciate its size. The 75/85 are just damn
nice, so is the compact ! :D: The 40 I have never shot, but would like to try one. The 83 is kingpin of .380's and the 45 is just a cool design of a mouse gun. Not that I like CZ's or anything. I do own other guns than CZ's, well, ok...1 other...
Shoot well