CZ-82 at the gun show

christcorp

Well, I just picked up a CZ-82 at the gun show. They also had a Hungarian PA-63 which I REALLY WANTED, to match my FEG AP-MBP 7.65. The 2 guns are identical 100% and all parts interchangeable, except the barrel and magazine. Anyway; the PA-63 the vendor had, I checked out thoroughly, and discovered that the De-Cocker didn't work. So he took that off of the "For Sale" list. Anyway, he had a "VG" condition CZ-82. Very little wear. I believe I found the same distributor this dealer used, on gunbroker. I saw the same weapons, with the exact same tags on the guns, listing the serial numbers and condition, bla bla, bla. Except for the serial numbers, the weapons, box, accessories, etc... were identical. On gunbroker, a "VG" condition went for $230 + S/H and it included 1 magazine. There was an EXCELLENT condition on with 1 magazine for $280 + S/H. This one, the vendor was asking $299 for. (Typical gun show). When he realized I sort of knew something about the prices, he dropped it to $250 + tax. Well, I found out that he really wanted some 380acp ammo. I just so happen to have had a box of Remington my wife bought at Walmart for $15. When the dust settled; I talked him into selling me the CZ-82 for $200; NO TAX; plus I gave him a box of 380auto. ($15 value). So basically, the gun cost a total of $215. OH YEA, FORGOT. I got him to throw in a 2nd MAGAZINE for no cost.

PSP

That sounds like a fair deal. You'll probably enjoy this pistol. There is a lot to be said for being able to examine the pistol in person. The CZs, like many trade-ins come in a wide range of wear and condition.

I bought mine from a gun store. It came with the standard ambidexterous holster, mag, lanyard, cleaning tool, extra mag and carry box and the thick mag base plates. They were asking $225.

Pyzon

Unless you happened into a rare one, you're going to be even more pleased after you shoot it.

I use the Silver Bear loads, both HP and FMJ and have nothing but high praise for these underpriced gems.

With 13 rounds it's a bit heavy for summer carry with shorts and a light shirt but I found a nice leather IWB holster (one of the name brands that I can't recall at the moment) that fits like a glove and makes it feel smaller and lighter.

Enjoy your fine fortune as soon as possible I suggest.

Ricklin

Strip it!

It's really easy to strip the paint, and cold blue the slide. If'n ya got one with some holster wear, it's just the ticket. I'll take some pics.

gungho84

Nice! My dad has one of these and I was checking it out this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to fire it tomorrow morning.

He said he had to have a curio and relics permit to get one, did you have to have one as well? I'm pretty new to all things "gun" and I don't know if that permit is one advocated at the state or federal level.

Ricklin

CZ= Czech for Colt!

I think parallels (sp) can be drawn between CZ and Colt. I have three CZ handguns all exhibit excellent craftmanship and materials.

If you enjoy the 82 get a 52, it's a commie .357 Fun and cheap to shoot. Cheap to buy as well, despite having the ergos of a 2X4.

Great guns!

christcorp

gungho; the curio/relic is an FFL license for old/antique type guns. Less restrictive than a regular FFL license. But for normal private purchases, no one needs an FFL license to buy any gun. Only if you want it shipped to your house instead of a dealer.

Ricklin; I almost got a cz-52. I like the tokarev caliber. But I prefer weapons that besides being nice, military, antique, or whatever; that they have a practical use for me. At this time, the tokarev really doesn't have a purpose for me. At 1500-1700 fbs and 500-600 ft/lbs; it's pushing being a bit too much for concealed carry. Plus the size. But maybe in the future.

Anyway, here's a crappy picture of the cz-82 I just picked up. I don't plan on doing any stripping and refinishing any time soon. There's some wear, but it's actually in really nice shape. If I do decide to strip it; I'll probably coat it and bake it with either duracoat or guncoat. But that's not for a while. Anyway, here's a pick.

Attachments

• cz82.jpg
    cz82.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 76