CZ-75B vs Glock 19: Will I ever make my mind up?

Get R Done Guns

Are any of us going to be using either in some sort of combat? Personal defense maybe but combat is pretty over the top. :rolleyes:

The CZ is not a "toy" I can promise you. If you were shot with it you would not think "OMG I just got shot with a toy!!!". Don't think you would be saying "he should have used his combat pistol!!" LOL

C0untZer0

I went and looked at another CZ75 and the front site had a smear of paint on it.

The sight I saw was kind of a glow-in-the dark green or phosphorescent green. I don't know how to describe this.. Instead of just a dot on the front sight, it just had a ½ millimeter smear of that paint at the 5 O’Clock position.

Trigger was very nice, Ijust don't know how the blob of paint on the front sight got missed.

Last edited:

Mr.Blue

The painted dots on the CZ sights stink. My 75B looked like a cockeyed monkey painted them on. I got some orange model paint and had my wife repaint them. They are now great. You can also get the Meprolight night sights which came standard on my SP01 tactical. These sights are excellent.

Mr.Blue

Yes, but it's a shame they can't come "right" from the factory. That said, everything else about the pistol is top notch. You get a lot for your money with CZ.

armoredman

Glock just got replaced by the CZ P-07 Duty in a 118,000 man police department, pretty good for a range toy. :)
Oakland Police Department just recalled all thier Glocks off the street for being unreliable, pretty bad for a combat handgun.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/27972227/detail.html

"During training and some parts of yesterday, we found that the guns were malfunctioning,"{Oakland Police Department Assistant Chief Howard} Jordan said. “We made a decision to recall the new guns so they don’t malfunction while an officer is on duty.”

Sorry, don't mean to start a flame war, just get a little annoyed at that kind of thinking. Either should serve you well, just find the one that fits you, and train as much as you can with it.

I have had one issue with one CZ firearm - the rear sight came off of my CZ 527M carbine, but I was going to replace it anyway with a folder, no big deal. If you have any kind of issues, CZ-USA has stellar customer service, call 1-800-955-4486.

Mr.Blue

Wow. I'm surprised they went with a P-07, and not an M&P. I love CZs, but the P-07 is a pretty new design and has had it's own problems.

armoredman

They liked it, and I apologize, didn't mean to hijack the thread. To the OP, please post pics of whatever you decide buy, please?

DeepEastKilla

lol no problem. as far as pics go it will be quite a while before i get anything but i am planning on getting a single action revolver later next week.

Delaware_Dan

My glow (if you charge them) sights are not sloppy at all. I would've bet money that that last QC check didn't flag the pistol.

On an off note, with the "beavertail" grip, you can get high and tight on it, and it just hugs your hand.

eviltravis

I have many nice pistols that I love. Various makes and models. I carry the glock 19 because I don't love it and don't give a crap if it gets beat up, dinged, or otherwise abused. That cz looks like a nice rig... It would probably wind up living in my safe with the rest of my nice pistols while the glock stayed on my belt. Just my two cents.

Travis

kymarkh

I'm at the stage in my life where I only have a few guns and they are for home defense or for concealed carry - or in the case of my G19 and PPS, both.

The CZ's have always shot well for me and are very ergonomic, reliable and accurate handguns. I've always been able to shoot them a little better than the Glocks from an accuracy standpoint. But they are also heavy when compared to a Glock so I've never even considered carrying one.

One of the best qualities my Glocks have is the ability to take abuse - you can put one in a kydex IWB holster and go hiking/camping/whatever for a week and not have to worry about lubrication or wipedowns or rust. They are about as maintenance free as firearms get and I really appreciate that now that my life is busy with kids and family matters, etc. I've had a stainless revolver rust on me when worn in a leather IWB for a few days on a fishing trip and the Glocks don't have that problem at all.

The addition of the P07 REALLY complicates matters when this question comes up. I've yet to try a P07 but look forward to it. It might just be the CZ that makes them more than HD or range only guns for me.

Last edited:

dgludwig

Glock just got replaced by the CZ P-07 Duty in a 118,000 man police department

It's not clear to me which police department you're referencing here. Are you implying that the Oakland P.D. is now being issued CZ pistols? If not Oakland, who?

Skadoosh

I carried a Glock with me on an extended outdoor camping trip. It was very difficult terrain in the temperate rain forest enviornment in the pacific northwest. My G22 wound up getting very wet and dirty most of that trip. Apart from a cursory shaking out to remove excess water and debris, I also didnt spend much time cleaning it after we set up camp each evening. To make a long story short, I didnt give the Glock any special consideration and it held up incredibly well to the elements and my inattention to keeping it clean. I am not convinced a CZ would do as well as my Glock did...

irish52084

Skadoosh, I live on the wet side of washington with some of that temperate rain forest you're talking about. It can do a number on guns if they are not properly treated and/or finished. I've carried both Glocks and CZ's in the wet nasty stuff with no ill effects to show. My hunting rifles on the other hand have suffered some serious abuse. Even stainless steel and synthetic rifles rust over time. I do my best, but it happens. Pistols are the same enough time and they'll rust.