CZ 527 varmint scope mounting options

wnycollector

I'm picking up a CZ 527 varmint in 223 and I'm looking for a 30 mm one piece scope mount for it. I checked DNZ, but they don't have any CZ mounts. What is a solid mount for ~$100?

Last edited:

ch47gunner

Your 527 is set up to take 16mm dove-tail rings.
If you intend to use a one-piece mount, you will need to drill & tap the receiver.
I have a 527 and use Warne Maxima Permanent steel vertical split rings, it's a very solid set-up.
Should you decide to go ahead with a one-piece mount, I've used a couple of Ken Farrell mounts, on Savage varmint/tactical rigs, that I liked very well.

Link to Ken Farrell -
http://www.kenfarrell.com/CZ-527-VARMIT-1-0.html

Good luck,

Bruce

CZ527 Varmint w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 & Warne Maxima rings.
DSC_0643.jpg

Rimfire5

I have two CZs with the dove tail mounts and after using the CZ rings on my .223 I found that the flat screw slots on the CZ rings were not easy to torque. I decided that I would go with Burris Signature rings with the plastic inserts and Torx screws on the rings for my CZ 550 in .30-06. You can get them in the dove tail mounts.

The rear ring on both the CZ and Burris ring sets have a lug that keeps the ring from slipping.
Either work fine and are very stable.

mike7.62

I went with the Talley rings on my 527 and like them. I'm not sure they come in 30mm. Mine are 1" It want hurt to check. They are very nice rings.

Last edited: