Cut Shells and their uses

Gunplummer

"Shotgun barrels are kind of thin". They are now. Take a good look at the thickness of an old tube compared to a new tube. I would not be surprised if repeated shooting of cut shells would stretch/expand the tube. The poster was right about the "Schmegg" left in the barrel from the plastic. It actually welds to the tube. I have an old H&R single that jams with factory buckshot. The shells are a little too long for the chamber and the end of the shell welds in the tube.

trapper9260

Years ago when the steel shot was in law for water fowl I had my side by side 10ga bore out from full to Imp cyl. by a gunsmith.I was able to use steel in it after with out any problems.He said I just brought the price up on the gun because alot of guns was down value because of the new law at the time for waterfowl. As for putting chokes on the gun it depends on how thick the barrel is. I had look into not long ago about have it done to my 10, but there was not enough room and the barrel was not thick enough after what was done before for how it look. I did had my 12 ga pump put chokes on it and it work out. It was my dad's gun of years ago and had done something to it and part of the barrel was off the end and was looking for another barrel to replace it but there was none that would work because of the age of the gun .and then had chocks put on it and all is good now.