CUSTOM RIFLE PROJECTS (with pictures)

srtrax

SavageSniper: Your right, and i cant imagine the hours it took to take a 98 and trick it out like that!

Fisherman66: Yes i saw the 45-70 redlable, nice work, and dang if it wont shoot.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, I'll post 'em again...

attachment.php

Turkish Mauser M38, .300 Whisper, Boyd's stock, Timney trigger, Lilja barrel...

attachment.php

Action detail...

The gun is now matte blued, so I should get new pictures taken.

Hey! Oleg! :eek:

srtrax

Tamara: Nice!!, thanks for posting...What do you think of the Lilja barrel? Its one i have not tried yet.

srtrax, what kind of wood is that behind the Argentine Mauser actions?

Those are going to look outstanding. If you are building one for yourself and one to sell, I'll put in a bid, but I suspect you are going to hog both of them.:)

I need to get pics for 2 of mine...

one a Marlin 44 mag lever conversion into a 50 A.E.... looks just like a brand new 44 mag lever...

... & second an old Martini tropical action converted to a 45-70 safari gun with a light weight hex 458 Win mag barrel & 3 leaf safari sights

srtrax

oldbillthunderchief: both are Turkish Walnut, and it is a bad picture of them. They are not that light in color, and the actions are still in the blue but look white. If you took a white plate and poured honey in it that is the color of the lighter stuff, then add choclate and black minerials streaks. The wife calls me a pig from time to time, but never a hog!:D

Magnum Wheel Man: what is this a contest to see who can come up with the longest name!:) YES, YOU NEED TO, AND WE ARE WAITING!!!!!

srtrax

Give me 3 guess and the first 2 dont count, you can always tell Dougs casehardening from anybody else.

srtrax

Yes, Holland put out some really nice rifles,:barf:, what makes someone do such a thing to a HOLLAND, (prozac). I'm going to go back and watch my VO video. :p

srtrax

338/06

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Comercial mauser action/ match grade bbl and chamber. I spent dang near a year carving this one by hand from the English blank, its a (L) of a lot of work. The rifle is not even finished, because the other 2 i built sold just before season and did'nt get to hunt with any of them. So i left this one somewhat unfinished so no one would want it and well i've hunted with it for 5 yrs.now. The front swivel is inleted and stuck in without any screws, so far i have not lost it, and have not installed the bottom sling mount yet.(If the gun is over your shoulder you aint hunten). Anyway, i like the way the cheek peice turned out and the palm swell on the right hand side of grip. I also like the way the pistol grip finished and goes back somewhat. I need to finish it and just say NO, and get her all checkered up. She's been a real sweetheart with match brass and 180 gr. Noslers, and if i do my part she'll put em in a very small clover leaf.

Last edited:

fisherman66

Very nice. Reminds me of a cross between CZ and Blaser with the shadow lines. The piece that extends back from the pistol grip is a nice touch. Very classy.

srtrax

Ebony/ruger#1

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the compliment Fish, Got the Ebony forend tip installed on Ruger #1 project yesterday, Going to try and get general shape for it today, or should it stay square like that, never seen one that way!:eek: Ran two wooden dowl rods in each end and expoy, together. It's getting there, one step at a time...

Last edited:

Rembrandt

Al Freeland/Fajen ISU stock Winchester 52. Started the project roughly 20 years ago after finding the stock at a gun show for $75. Later ordered all the Al Freeland hardware (rail, handstop, palm rest, trigger guard, butt plates)....been awhile, think I paid around $300 for those. Stock was originally for a 52D/E...modified it to accept a 52 Speedlock action and removeable magazines. Stock had an ugly hole through the grip, modified it by adding an NRA logo. Found a new Boyt sling and a an original Freeland sling clamp. Stock is finished with hand rubbed Tung Oil. Still have the original Speedlock stock so the rifle can be switched back if needed.

52I-2.jpg

52I-6.jpg

52I-10.jpg

52I-4.jpg

52I-7.jpg

52I-5.jpg

srtrax

Rembrandt

Sweet Jesus, That my friend is a very fine toy, and its wood and metal! I plan on building up something special in the lr, but just have not got my mind made up to what it is i realy want. I have a Remingtoon M37 with parts missing, and none to be found anywhere, so its back to looking for a diffrent lr action. Thanks for the pictures, i really enjoy quality and you got it there!

srtrax

attachment.php

Shaped for now, have to finish barrel to figure how i want forend to have final look, with bbl. installed. No glue marks at all, Ebony is black as coal all the way through!:D

Last edited: