Custom Glock 19 finally done (Pics)

HKFan9

I mentioned the Glock 19 I was working on in a few other threads and people seemed interested, and I promised pictures when it was all said and done, so here it finally is, only took me about 7-8 months due to wait times.:rolleyes:

First off, let me say, I favor 1911's but I also keep a few double stacks around, and I have owned all the major double stack 9mm's, even multiple times. Glock is no where near my favorite gun or make, however I wanted one built FOR ME. So please I understand I just spent over $1000 building this Glock when I know people will say (but you can by a HK P30 cheaper). I know this already, it was not my intention.:)

I wanted a primary carry gun to use heavily outdoors in the summer mostly. I am into hiking / camping / fishing / kayaking, often times fishing I wade fish with no waiters, so I wanted a gun I personally felt safe keeping submerged for long periods of time. Glock was my selection, but not favoring their grip angle or bulk at all I wanted to build one up. I DID however favor Glocks aftermarket accessories and holster options.

My Build list as follows:

Glock 19 Gen 3 stripped frame
- Filled the back with composite, melted and re-contoured and reduced the frame.
- Slight Bob-tail to the frame, along with magazine cut out in the rear.
- Removed finger grooves
- Undercut the trigger guard.
- Beveled out around magazine release.
- Rounded Trigger guard.
- 360 degree HEAVY multi-directional stippling. (wanted this for water use)
- Stippled front of trigger guard.

Internals are a mix of OEM, Lone Wolf Dist.
Haley Strategic Partners (HSP) Skimmer Trigger Kit
Lone Wolf Slide - Blind Marked
Lone Wolf Barrel - Blind Marked
Warren Tactical 2-lamp sights - Dim yellow rear, Bright green front.

Once the gun was test fired and functioned properly I sent the barrel and slide to be cerakoted.

Barrel is cerakoted in a flat Black Graphite.

The slide I had cerakoted in Disruptive Grey, to match my BCM HSP Jack Carbine, which is my go to AR.

I am very pleased how this gun turned out, enjoy the pics.

chris in va

Nice.

Just out of curiosity, why not just get a Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame? One of our top match shooters uses one to good effect.

Karrill

Coming from someone who thinks glocks are HIDEOUS.... that aint half bad :D

In all seriousness, that doesnt even look like a glock anymore, which makes it one of the coolest ones ever. Very nice work

mellow_c

Nice!

Although, I wonder... why shave off the "lip" from the front of the trigger guard but then add stippling? Seems counter productive to me.

But otherwise, I'd say that's some very nice work!:)

HKFan9

Chris, my original thought was to use a Timber Wolf frame, however they weren't available when I was shopping for one so I won the stripped 19 frame on gun broker for cheap.

As for all the work, One I enjoy that stuff, I am not a gun smith but work with / for them so the frame work actually only took about two days, where one of the gun smiths did most of it, but it was a learning process to me, which is just as fun as shooting for me.

I am very Very pleased with the HSP Skimmer trigger, easy to install and still keeps the trigger safe for carry but makes it nice smooth and crisp, with a shorter length of pull.

The Cerakote I found a guy semi local on a gun trading board on Facebook who started up a cerakote business, he gave me a deal, $50 for the slide, $25 for the barrel, and he had it done and back to me with in a week, needless to say I was VERY pleased.

Mellow I actually agree with you, I wanted the rounded trigger guard, my gunsmith ended up adding the stippling when he was finishing it up, so it doesn't bother me either way. I generally shoot thumbs forward, once in a blue moon if shooting from an awkward position or from the ground I will place a finger on the front of the strap to make my purchase a little tighter in a weaker support position.

I am really digging the Warren Tactical sights as well.

mellow_c

HK. I thought it over, and I must admit, if someone specifically preferred a rounded trigger guard, but thought that they may for some unforeseeable reason might need some traction up front, it certainly doesn't hurt to add some.

It does leave me wondering if I should try some serious modifications to a Glock someday... I really like the idea of chopping a G17 down to take G19 mags, to end up with a "G19 long slide". :) I think I'd have to come across a good deal on a used 17 to do so. Even then I'd have a hard time making that kind of commitment, lol.

lee n. field

often times fishing I wade fish with no waiters, so I wanted a gun I personally felt safe keeping submerged for long periods of time.

lanyard?

It's always interesting to see how people modify their Glocks

Yup. Nice looking gun. There's aspects I like, and aspects I wouldn't bother with.

Any reason you went with the Lone Wolf slide, vs. OEM? I'm not sure what that would get you, beyond front slide serrations. (Which is a feature I would not want. YMMV.)

HKFan9

Any reason you went with the Lone Wolf slide, vs. OEM? I'm not sure what that would get you, beyond front slide serrations. (Which is a feature I would not want. YMMV.)

The Lonewolf one, at least from the prices I saw was cheaper than a OEM or atleast on par, but more importantly, I DID want the front cocking serrations, along with the bull nosed front end. I even consider sending it to Bowie Tactical to have the rear of the slide rounded off to make it more comfortable to carry but decided the cost was not worth the benefit.

I do use the front cocking serrations for press checks. I do use press checks, I understand not everyone does, but I feel like they are vital in getting ready and carrying a gun. I also normally use the front cocking serrations to do press checks, just the way I was taught, and am comfortable with. I know everyone is different.:)

I bought a stripped frame, so either way I had to buy a slide... If I didn't have to purchase one, I would probably kept the OEM one and just had the work I wanted done. I will say the Lonewolf one FEELS heavier, I could be wrong, and loaded with 15 124gr JHP's the gun balances nicely for me.

I never considered a lanyard, I have one for one of my 1911's, so maybe a little more work is in order because that is a good idea.

jeager106

Wow, very impressive!
Some people don't like the looks of a Glock but looks don't bother me one bit.
Performance matters ergo I often carry a G-23 with one modification, a 3.5 trigger. I'm going to replace the spring guide & pins with s.s.
I have a modified G-27, 3.5 trigger, improved mag release, s.s. spring guide, & pins, night sights, etc. The G-27 is flippin' frugly & on the fat side for a sub compact but utterly reliable & accurate.
You have me considering modifying the G-23 further.
Thank you for a fine post on great modifications to a very good firearm.
( I'm a 1911 fan also )

Brit

Very nice looking pistol, I carry, and shoot IDPA a Glock 19, best carry pistol ever for me.

You do not need to press check your Glock, just rub your finger over the wee square lump on the extractor! It sticks out when you have a round chambered.

Used to shoot with a South African, missing a tip of a finger on his left hand, press checking a Colt 45, using the front of the slide!

My Holster allows me to feel the extractor, without taking the pistol out of it.

Good idea not using waders, had a shooting buddy nearly drown off Southport Beach (UK) rapid tide coming in, filled his waders up!