Crisis Management reloading...

Edward429451

I didnt have any problem holding the gun shouldered without my support hand when I tried it, the problem I encountered was fumbling. I'm right handed and nowhere near ambidexterious so it just didnt work out that way for me. Its much more positive for me to use my strong hand and of course I'd seek cover before releasing a firing grip...

Now my detachable mag rifles are a different story, those I change mags with my support hand always.;)

My blackhawk cheekpad pouch ammo carrier came today.:)

jthuang

Hmm, with the sling discussion here -- for those shotguns that should have a sling, what kind do you all recommend?

1. Standard
2. Wilderness/Chalker/Ching sling

I've always used #1 on the premise that you get into serious weapon retention problems with #2. In other words, goblin grabs your gun, goblin now has YOU too.

Thoughts?

Justin

Mannlicher

loading the Browning A-5 is quick, just shove one into the loading port, and if the action is open, it loads itself. Then shove the other ones in. The Browning loads quickly for me

Edward429451

OK, seems Dave was right (No suprise there). The sling came and does the pendelum thing thats kinda annoying and definitly unbalances the weapon. I got it adjusted so that I can sling it over my bicep and rack the bolt without it falling off though.

I unloaded the sling and its much better, outside. Didn't feel right doing house clearing drills though (empty). I think its ok as a carry sling, and in a pinch might be ok for a place to carry ammo, but then again it'd have to be a big pinch...And not for me either, in a big pinch I'd have the M1A...

The Blackhawk stock pouch/ammo carrier is a two thumbs up. It didn't get in the way at all and my cheek didn't come away from the range tenderized. It did counter balance the sidesaddle weight quite nicely...

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Thanks for the update and feedback on the Blackhawk, Ed.

How to carry extra ammo is not an exhausted field. There's many ways, more coming, and one has to pick and choose for the mission.