Could I have done better?(first build)

SHE3PDOG

I used to try to come up with legitimate reasons about why I wanted a new/different gun, but now I've just accepted that I really enjoy guns enough to feel okay with buying/building something just because I want to.

If you do build another one, I almost guarantee you that you will still find that you want something different even if you are pleased with it.

Theohazard

jimbob86 said:
I seems to me that single point slings would be good if you had to have the rifle with you, accessible at a moment's notice, all day, every day, while you did other things that may require both hands to accomplish.
Single-point slings suck for that. In fact, all-day carry is one of the things that single-point slings are worst at; the rifle tends to bounce around and get in the way. Single-point slings are good for short-term tactical use, like on a SWAT team or something. But if you want all-day versatility and comfort but still want to be able to carry the rifle so it's ready at a moment's notice, a two-point sling is best.

Stuohn: Single point slings are terrible for what most people use them for. I can't tell you how many times I've seen new AR-15 owners actually use their rifle with their new single-point sling and decide on the spot to go with a two-point sling instead.

Stuohn

Thanks guys for all the responses. Just to clear up one point. I am actually just putting the end plate on the buffer tube now while I'm building the lower so I wouldn't have to do it later and because I already had it.

In case anyone was wondering I received the upper on Friday and it is exactly what I wanted. It was even shipped with three rails 3 rails, a sling attachment, and a small tube of blue loctite which I was not expecting.

The bad news is that my BCG and stock kit were not in the box. I was told by a CS rep( I was calling to verify they had received my ffl's info) that they would ship together and the stripped lower would ship seperately to the Ffl. So now I'm hopeful that they sent the rest with the lower but, I'll have to wait until Monday to find out.

john gun

next one?

Now try a 1911 semi-auto pistol. Parts can be ordered from Fusionfirearms.com to be just what you want and they can/will fit slide to frame for you. And you have a bazillion choices.