Considering my next purchase

Johnc

Thanks for all the responses.

I think the 1911 will be next purchase. I am not going high budget on this one. If I start with a good platform I can always trick it out later if needed.

I will be considering the Norinco, Rock Island Armory and the Taurus. I think for the price, the Taurus has some good add ons built in. If I decide to up the budget a bit, I would also consider the Para.

I will be considering the Norinco, Rock Island Armory and the Taurus. I think for the price, the Taurus has some good add ons built in. If I decide to up the budget a bit, I would also consider the Para.

Have you weighed in the Mil-Spec from Springfield? It's a "stepped down" version of the loaded. It's built just as well, but doesn't have as many bells and whistles. However, the essential upgrades are there such as lowered and flared ejector port, etc. It's a great base gun to start out and perform upgrades as you desire in the future...

Blackhawk Doc

I would also recommend the 1911.The first gun I ever bought was a Rock Island Armory 1911 A1 .45 and totally love it.I fell in love w/it the first time I saw it.I thought it was just beautiful.I have very small hands being a girl and just love the way my RIA fits perfectly in my hands.He was my everyday carry gun up until the end of October when I got a Sig P225/P6 9mm which I bought because it is lighter and smaller than the 1911 for me to carry everyday and also easier for little me to ccw.I paid $350.00 for the RIA and it came w/2 blued steel Novac mags.It was ready to go out of the box and needed no work what so ever.The only thing that I have changed is the grips which I changed to checkered coco bolos.I didn't like the smooth grips that came w/it.It is extreamly accurate and has tight grouping and will shoot anything u feed it.I have had it for about 8yrs now and nothing could ever replace it.Here is a pic of my RIA.If I can help any further just pm me.

100_1105.jpg

100_1108.jpg

Isn't it just so Pretty???