Concealed Carry Shirts

Viper225

I was wondering if anyone has a source on Guayabera shirts with long enough tails for OWB concealed carry?

I am an ORD (Old Retired Dude) so I wear my shirts with the tails out all the time. I mostly wear the Denim work shirts, Hawaiian flowerdy shirts, and nylon fishing shirts. I also have a couple 2 pocket casual shirts I got at cabelas with long tails that work very well.

I have done a little looking for the Guayabera shirts on line and was not satisfied with what I found. Looked like some had tails that were to short. Some were very expensive (more than they were worth), too flashy, etc. Nothing jumped out as This Is The One.
Not looking for flashy, just nice shirts with enough length to atleast make it half way down your back pocket.

I mostly carry 2 and 3 inch revolvers OWB in Lobo Pancakes. The muzzle is normally just above my back pants pocket on the longer barrel revolvers.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Don P

I am an ORD (Old Retired Dude) so I wear my shirts with the tails out all the time. I mostly wear the Denim work shirts, Hawaiian flowerdy shirts, and nylon fishing shirts. I also have a couple 2 pocket casual shirts I got at cabelas with long tails that work very well.

You may want to check out the Big and Tall store. Shirts made for taller than average will have long tails.
Guayabera
I find these shirts to be way over priced IMO

45Gunner

Being an ORD, I occasionally shop at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Walmart, and the like. It is very easy to find shirts of all styles with tails long enough to conceal your gun...and I don't pay department store or Big and Tall prices.

stickhauler

I wasn't aware of the fact IWB carry was "concealing a weapon properly." Here I always thought the method you found that worked best for you was the "proper" way. Who knew?

Viper225

I have long tail Denim shirts, Nylon Fishing shirts, long Tee shirts, etc.

I was looking for a shirt that was a little more of a dress-shirt, that was meant to be worn with the shirt-tail out. Go casual is not always an option.
Looking ahead for Summer wear next year.

I was noticing at the Cuban Store, that a great many of the shirts were Irish Linen, and dry clean only. A few were wash and wear.

Bob

Viper225

After doing quite a bit of looking I ordered an assortment of the Woolrich Elite Series Discreet 4 Pocket Short Sleeve Shirts. This is a cross between a Guayabera and a Hawaiian Print Shirt. Not flashy, but a pretty fair break up pattern.

The Blackhawk 1700 Plaid shirts look pretty fair also. Good length, and nice color selection for us conservative folks. They should fit the bill for a non tucked in, halfway dressed up look.

I looked through a Duluth Trading catalog today. It could have been a concealed carry garment catalog. Lots of long tails: shirts, tee shirts, vests, jack shrts, jackets, and coats. They are into longer tails on their gear. Also they are into X Rates clothing. Lots of 3X and 4X plus Talls. Also nothing looked cheap. You could wear it anywhere. I will need to do some shopping with them in the future. Check them out, you will be impressed. Lots of other neat stuff besides clothing also.

Bob

firespec35

Find out which casual male, living xl *** ever they're calling it now gets the most clearance stuff and check them out. I get guido/ Charlie from 21/2 men/ bowling shirts for 30 ish on sale

Nnobby45

Cabela's long and short sleeve shirts are heavy enough for CCW. Their Safari series work fine and can be worn as a jacket. In short sleeve, I always get the tall and wear untucked. Plenty long for OWB.

ClydeFrog

5.11 covert shirts, King Size Direct, Lenny Magill...

5.11 Tactical & Blackhawk put out a line of men's concealment shirts & garments that can carry some compact/small frame handguns.

King Size Direct also sells bowling/Charlie Sheen type casual shirts in big/tall sizes. They offer a lot of internet offers.
Lenny Magill markets a concealment/holster website with different clothing styles. See www.glockstore.com .

I plan to get a new CC license & start carrying a small pistol or J frame size revolver in 2012. I may use a pocket holster or a shoulder rig & vest for now.

ClydeFrog

johnbt

"meant to be worn with the shirt-tail out"

Thank you for starting this thread. I too am interested in good sources for shirts WITHOUT tails - in other words, even around the bottom. I think a few folks got off track from your original question.

John

(*_*)

After doing quite a bit of looking I ordered an assortment of the Woolrich Elite Series Discreet 4 Pocket Short Sleeve Shirts. This is a cross between a Guayabera and a Hawaiian Print Shirt. Not flashy, but a pretty fair break up pattern.

Great Tip!

In return if anyone else orders here: https://www.woolrich.com/woolrich/browse/categorySlot.jsp?icCategory=MM_cat240002

Stick in coupon code: CM2011 today and get 25% off. Also code WOOLRULES gets free shipping, but doesn't appear stack able.