• Heavier

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Lighter

Votes: 46 32.2%
  • About the same weight

Votes: 17 11.9%

• Total voters

Seaman

1st carry was a 32ACP Walther Model 4, a 19 oz WW1 era handgun, 8+1, accurate and small. Liked that gun.

Today... any of my primary carry guns is a bigger caliber, heavier (plastic or metal), and greater capacity.

The world is changing, and not always safe.

Strafer Gott

I liked the j frame for it's portability, but moved to compacts for improved round count. I still think ten round mags are totally adequate for 9mm, and six in .45 is good capacity. I never carry without a second proven mag. Wouldn't be prudent. I'd tote both revolver and auto guns if it was legal here.

bikerbill

Bought a PM9 when I got my plastic almost 10 years ago, still the gun I go to, still has never had a failure of any kind since new ... I pocket carry in the summer, carry cross-draw in a kydex paddle holster when I can wear something to cover it in cooler weather ... great gun ...

.45 Vet

My first serious CCW was a series 80 Commander. I gave that gun to my youngest son in 2005, he was working in retail pharmacy in a not so nice section of Vegas. That's when I down sized to a 3" Kimber Ultra CDP II.

2000ShadowACE

My first every day carry gun was a charter arms .357 with a 4" barrel. Now I carry a Springfield XDS. It's smaller with a minimum of one more round and it is much easier to conceal. I still have the SA but it's relegated to the tool box in my truck.

Webleymkv

The first gun that I bought with the intention of CC was my Walther PP .32 Auto. While I still have and enjoy the gun, I rarely carry it anymore. Currently, I have about three different guns that I rotate between for carry depending on my dress and the weather that day, but my most often carried is my S&W Model 36 .38 Special.

Pezo

Started with a 2 1/4" dao sp101. Loaded with hot .357's in the beginning then just .38 specials. Then got an lcr in .38 spcl only and purposely for the lighter weight. That's what I pack now. Both guns are fine but like the lcr for cpl much better.

PawDaddy

I got my first center fire revolver when I was 13 or 14. Started carrying when I turned 21 and got my ccl. It was a Charter Arms 3" Undercover. I have had many, many guns, both semi auto and revolver, since then. But, for one reason or another I had to sell/trade them all. I now have a 3" Taurus 85 that I carry sometimes, but still mostly carry the CA because it is lighter.

Sheriff Gotcha

Currently carrying a mid-size gun (FNS) about the size of a Glock 19 which is my first and only carry piece to date. I am looking into a Shield though because it is easier to conceal in the summer. Although, around here there is no brandishing law and OC is legal so I guess it's just personal preference at that point.

gwpercle

I am not sure what the poll means so I will explain. I started out with a full size 1911 AMT Hardballer in 45 a.c.p. Now, several years later , that has evolved into an Airweight S&W J-frame in 38 special.
I have discovered if it isn't small , lightweight and easy to carry in a pocket, it tends to get left behind....and rule #1 is you got to have the gun ON YOU or it will not do any good. The Airlight goes with me , easily.
I am one of those people who just can't fit a big gun , in an inside the waistband holster with my abundant waistline, It hurts.