Colt Cobra Issue

Kreyzhorse

Got a shipping notice from FedEx today. Cobra should be home on Friday.

No email from Colt so no idea what they fixed (money is on broken hammer) but I'll update when it lands.

On the older Colts there was a part like that which connected the hammer to the mainspring. That provided the linkage that moved the hammer forward when the sear was released.

Scorch

And....why weren't you sheltering in place rather than out shooting with other people?
Ooooh! A quiz! I love quizzes! No no, don't tell me, I got it! Because . . . guns! Yeah, guns! Am I right?

Oh, Krezyhorse, that piece is probably the hammer stirrup. I don't know if the spring is broken.
On the older Colts there was a part like that which connected the hammer to the mainspring.
Yes, but on the older Colts it was pinned to the hammer, on the new ones it lives in a little slot on the hammer.

Kreyzhorse

Got it back today, it's fixed, but no idea what Colt did to it or what the problem was. Reached out to the CS rep to see what the problem and fix was.

Not a big deal, but would like to know.

Kreyzhorse

Well, if it was the thingy, Colt can't tell me if it was, and what it was they did to it.... if anything. Techs don't keep records is what their CS told me today.

But hey, it's at least fixed.

Kreyzhorse

Took the Cobra to the range this weekend. All is good.

Overall a painless repair from Colt, even if I don't know what they did to it or what the problem was.

It would have been nice to know, but otherwise the service was top notch with no questions asked from Colt.