Clark Gator vs. other top name AR's

5RWill

Oh come on now you only live once...depending on the religion. Or at least that's how i'm going to convince myself to sleep at night when i pick up one in my lifetime..haha

Cerick

Flash supressors are illegal in NJ. Clark, to me, means quality. My father passed on to me a colt mkIV 1911 that was made into a bowling pin model about 20 years ago. I'm in no way an advanced shooter but that thing makes me look like a champion at the range.

I was planning on using this gun as a do it all gun. Varmint hunting, home defense, I may enter the world o 3 gun competitions, as well as just punching paper. I probably wouldn't opt for a quad rail system because although I have a few accessories I could throw on it (light, laser, bipod) the added weight wouldn't justify the few times I'd probably use the rail.

I have no doubt that BCM makes good stuff from all the positive things I've heard about their company. Still, I don't need the rail system and I have no guarantee of what it will shoot. Also maybe someone could teach me the differences between their lower and higher priced barrels. The description didn't tell me much.

5RWill

Right at 1/2 MOA 4 shots. Southwest ammunition's Run N gun 77gr SMKs. I'm not suggesting you get BCM, i love BCM but i'm not marketing them in anyway. I was suggesting you find something more reasonably priced. Rail or not doesn't dispute the fact that the upper is overpriced. Look at WOA before you finalize your decision as they build outstanding quality uppers at half that price. You could always get a compensator also if NJ doesn't allow FH

395367_2401976850573_1285620147_31958867_5054781_n.jpg

PawPaw

Cerick said:
This looks very similar to the rifle Jerry Miculek uses.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that Jerry Miculek married Jim Clark's daughter. It probably is the same rifle that he uses. I used to use Clark as my gunsmith when I was working in north Louisiana. It's a great little shop and old man Clark built quite a following of dedicated customers.