Chiappa Rhino

Venom1956

The 1911-22 outsells most of their other products, and gets very favorable reviews. (No, I don't own one, and am not a Chiappa fanboi. It's just a much-loved firearm, for many people.)

I've held a 1911-22 these pictures should get my point across.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347415

Compared to a GSG its not even close. Thats my feeling on the matter spend whats another 20 bucks? that how close they are in my neck of the woods atleast.

los

Mosin44az said:
...Another great chart from los....

seeker_two said:
...Thanks, los....I thought the Rino was significantly bigger than a J-frame .357...but you've set me straight...
THANKS, Guys. I appreciate your kind words..!

On that note, here's another comparison chart that I recently made featuring the Rhino against the smallest 9mm pistol in current production. Hope y'all like this one.:)

ChiappaRhino20DSvsRohrbaughR9-ComparisonChartNo2-MASTER3D-1.jpg

NOTE: Rohrbaugh R9 image is flipped horizontally

Cheapshooter

Kinda like an Italian sports car of guns if you know what I mean... Not knockin' it... I like new innovations... The internals are, well, interesting...

Hum, let's take a relatively simple, and time proven design and turn it into something really complicated. Now that's advancement!!!:eek:

Uncle Buck

Curious as to how it shoots also. Because of my dang finger I am usually force to shoot with my middle finger laying the index (trigger) finger alongside the frame. Maybe if I shot using gloves I could shoot this thing.

Is the aiming the same as using a "Normal" revolver?

zeromeow

It seems people are saying how ugly this revolver looks. I don't get it, I think it looks quite awesome. I would love to own one when the Rhinos proves itself to be reliable and Chiappa stamps out the bugs, if there are any.

I think it's cool that it can fit 6 rounds with the same thickness as a 5 shot revolver. Not to mention the new recoil management design.

I think Chiappa should make a hammerless version, making it double action only, and smooth out the trigger. Then I'll probably be tempted to replace my current snubbie with it.

darkgael

hammer

I think Chiappa should make a hammerless version

In essence, the Rhino is a hammerless gun. What appears to be the hammer of the gun is not a true hammer as on a regular revolver. It can't be since the barrel is low and the cartridge fires from the bottom of the cylinder.
The Rhino "hammer" is its rear sight and also a cocking lever (IIRC). It does not move when the trigger does.
Pete

kadima

I've shot one and I would say that is really nice revolver.
I know, it's complicated but in Italy we had the same Bodeo 1889 revolver working until after IIWW alongside the Berettas, so now we have to atone for that inertia... :cool:

And we designed in the last years the craziest revolvers ever: the MaTeBa and the Chiappa Rhino.

I know, the optimal revolver design was established more than 100 years ago (some will say that also the optimal semiauto design was made exactly 100 years ago), but in Italy wa always had a craze for innovation: sometimes it goes right, some other times not exactly... But given that the Italian gunmarket is more oriented in the recreational use of weapons rather than utilitarian (laws here aren't exaclty guns friendly) one must have all the fun possible.

K.

jibberjabber

It's a departure from the traditional mold. Some people won't like it for that reason alone, despite the benefits of the design. I appreciate variety so I say good job Chiappa.

Dragline45

I think the longer barreled versions are slightly less ugly, a few years down the road when the funds permit it I could see myself picking one of these up as a novelty and range gun.

DSC09270.JPG

I'm a lifelong S&W guy. Always will be. The Rhino is just a catastrophe of aesthetics.

That said, I had the chance to shoot one of these last week, and I have to say, I'm intrigued. Muzzle rise is almost non-existent. You do feel a bit more punch in the base of the palm with Magnums, but it's not too bad.

That said, I could see it getting uncomfortable after 100 rounds or so. Otherwise, I was a bit impressed. It grouped well in double-action, and the trigger is different, but predictable.

I'm not so sure about the complexity of the lockwork, but if the price comes down, I may get one of these.

plinky

I think it would be nice to have one if for no other reason than it's the only major design change in a revolver in about 50 years.

Deja vu

I would like to get one of the bigger ones in stainless... that said it is a long ways down on my to buy list.

Dodge DeBoulet

plinky said:
I think it would be nice to have one if for no other reason than it's the only major design change in a revolver in about 50 years.

Hmm. I don't think so . . . there's the Mateba Autorevolver.

mateba357magaimace.jpg

And I want one :(