Chiappa rhino cylinder gap

Billbud

Can’t speak to what the Rhino’s in-spec gap should be. But S&W states that a gap up to 0.010 can be considered in spec on a factory revolver.

0.007 doesn’t seem so bad.
Geez 0.010 seems extensive!
Makes the one I am buying seem really tight

Billbud

It seems like an awful way to welcome a new member to the forum.

As staff shouldn't you say 'welcome to the forum'? Then provide some useful information that addresses their question.

Instead, the OP is left with a sour taste from unhelpful information from some anonymous person on a forum with unknown, perhaps very poor, credentials.
:)

MSD Mike

.007 is fine. Smaller would be nicer but I actually find it rare to get a smaller gap irregardless of the brand. Especially used.

Butzbach

Greetings, I have the opportunity to purchase a used rhino 357 . On inspection cylinder gap is just below 0.007. I was under the impression these revolvers were tighter/known for greater precision. does anybody have one to compare this to? I don’t know if this indicates significant use/wear
Stay Safe
Bill
Dude, if you boldly go watch where you place your non dominant hand (and any other body parts). With the super low bore axis, flame cutting comes out abnormally low on the sides near the frame bottom. (I know, why should this be any more normal than any other part of the gun.) You may be wishing that gap was 0.000 before you’re done!

Good luck with your shooting.