Cheap stuff that works

Tuzo

"Illiterate peasants" ?

Former Soviet Union countries where the Mosin is sourced rate higher than the US in percent literacy. According to UNESCO the US is number 45. Many "illiterate peasant" countries are 3 to 18 on the list.

Auto426

Former Soviet Union countries where the Mosin is sourced rate higher than the US in percent literacy. According to UNESCO the US is number 45. Many "illiterate peasant" countries are 3 to 18 on the list.

I'm pretty sure that the situation was quite different between 1891 and 1945.

LordTio3

For a CCW Gun Belt that makes a world of difference...

Blackhawk CQC Pistol Belt from OpticsPlanet.com
$28.98 shipped
LP472_330_1.jpg

~LT

Cheapshooter

Me, until I retired! Might not work anymore, but I'm still cheap!
Gotta agree with the M/N. Great guns for the price. Some other great C&R guns for the price have been my Styer M95's for $89.00, P-64 for about $150, and the interesting 1895 Nagant revolver for $90. Maybe throw in a couple of my Yugo SKS's that sold for under $100 when I bought them.

Cheapshooter

Oh, forget this was in the rifle threads. Scratch the P-64, and 1895 Nagant. Darn, I was just going to ad my Hi-Point C9, and Heritage Rough Rider!:D

Tuzo

Auto426

Mid 1800's was the beginning of compulsory education in Mass. Other states followed with Miss. the last state in the 1910's. Seems the US firearms industry was also worked by "illiterate peasants."

All those peasants, illiterate and otherwise, produced some decent firearms.

Edward429451

It's Mullein leaf, I think you are talking about. It makes great tea also.

That's it. I didn't know it was used for so many different things besides hillside paperwork. In fact Wiki doesn't even list the TP function. I had to learn it from the locals when I moved here. :)

I'll add another. I have made my own furniture polish for years out of cooking oil and lemon juice 1/1. Works great, my wood loves it.

Jo6pak

May be stating the obvious here but I'm all about cheap targets for plinking. Specifically with a .22.
The ubiquitous tin cans and plastic bottles filled with water, shotshell hulls, beer bottle caps, golf balls.

As for hunting clothes and other outdoor gear, it's a trip to the Army surplus store. Not a so called "Army/Navy Store" but an honest-to-god, mom and pop run surplus store with boxes of clothes and shelves packed to the rafters with everything imaginable, from foot lockers to mess kits

oldpapps

I guess that I am just cheaper than most.

I went on-line and found a 'Denture Cleaner', one of those sonic/vibrating things for false teeth. I paid a grand total of $5.94 including shipping (the only down to this is all of the junk mail from the vender).

This little plastic thing runs on 2 'AA' cells.

I break down a AR bolt carrier group to pull the bolt, pull the firing pin and dump them into the cleaner with Hoppe's and let it run all night. In the morning the batteries are dead, there is mud settled in the Hoppe's and everything is clean.

That is cheap and does work.

OSOK

bigautomatic

Mobil 1 as a general purpose firearm lube. Maybe kinda expensive to change the oil in your vehicle with, but a quart will last nearly a lifetime with firearms!

aarondhgraham

Cheap pistol case complete with plinking targets,,,

I went to the Evil Pawn Shop at lunch today,,,
Just to see if he had anything tempting.

A man was in buying ammo and we all got to chatting,,,
He had just came from WalMart where he bought a poker set for $7.99.

It had 2 decks of cards, 200 poker chips,,,
And came in a lightweight metal case with latches and a handle.

While we were chatting he tore out the insides of the box,,,
And places two pieces of cheap egg-crate foam inside the case.

Now he has a carrying case that holds two Beretta NEOS pistols,,,
And four 100 packs of CCI MiniMag ammo.

The 200 plastic chips and the 2 decks of cards become plinking targets.

Certainly it's not the strongest pistol case out there,,,
But for less than $10.00 total (including the foam),,,
He's all set to go to the range.

I just thought that was clever as all get out.

Aarond

MrWesson

ATI 92c beretta centurion clone for 299 at cdnn.
Part for part copy and dead on accurate.

Marlin 60.. I did a trigger job and recrown and man this gun is great.

Mosin's
Nuff said

Lee reloading products

Had good luck with centerpoint scopes

for the most part Kel-tec guns

Jack O'Conner

FROST.jpg

KNIFE2.jpg

KNIFE1.jpg

This is one of my favorite hunting knives. FROST Cutlery (imported from China) grade of steel is unknown but its stainless. The knife holds an edge well enough to skin two deer before resharpening with angled ceramic sticks.
Custom sheath was crafted by local saddle shop.

Overal length is 8.25 inches. Size of handle and shape of blade are TOPS!!

Despite what Elite-ists say, FROST and Steel Warrior build some great knives for very reasonable cost.

Jack