Charter Arms Professional

Buckeye!

This is basically their Patriot model revolver, but in 7 shot for 32 H&R in a 3" barrel instead of the 327 6 shot in a 2 1/2" barrel. This small framed revolver (in the Patriot series) can't take the full 327's in steady use, so they had to chamber their new one for something milder. They also couldn't call it a Patriot, because that model name was in 327.
I have a Patriot and it's a handful in 327. I can see that firing full factory 327's would have a toll on it. I practice with Longs & 32 H&R's (I reload both) and I'm fine with a nice stout factory 32 H&R+P for carry.
It's a little larger than a J-frame and smaller the a K. Perfect size.
One less round, but if I do decide to carry with 327's, a few rounds out of it won't harm it. Just not for regular range use.
I really like mine and Charter stepped up quality.
Found a really nice old Bianchi holster for it.
Here's a pic of it.

The Charter Arms Bulldog frame size is closer to a Colt D size frame .. But lighter even though it is a steel frame

This is one of my posts comparing the Charter Bulldog frame size

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/charter-bulldog-size.844988/#post-10996039

OneFreeTexan

I’m in the camp that loves 32 H&R Magnum,,,have several and going to add more as soon as Charter Arms gets this one out...I have picked up many over the years on Gunbroker, and have a couple dealers watching for me...they are eager to sell them to me, they please a seller by ‘taking it off their hands’ and know I will take it off their hands, so win-win deal all around.

I have had no problem with CA triggers,,, have dis-assembled one down to ‘just parts’ , studied it and figured out what to do to make it better. Very pleased

Also have some New England revolvers in 32 H&R,,, very please with those also.

TruthTellers

There's been a number of complaints on these revolvers shooting low and I'm going to post the pictures of someone else's revolver from another forum to highlight the issue.

Stock photo:
index.php

Owner photo:
index.php

As you can see the shroud that this owner has is too thick and it has raised the front sight, which causes the POA to be higher than the POI.

Last edited:

JERRYS.

There's been a number of complaints on these revolvers shooting low and I'm going to post the pictures of someone else's revolver from another forum to highlight the issue.

Stock photo:
index.php

Owner photo:
index.php

As you can see the shroud that this owner has is too thick and it has raised the front sight, which causes the POA to be higher than the POI.
your pictures didn't come through, but a short front sight will make a gun shoot high.