Charter Arms Bulldog Shrouded 44 special

Cheapshooter

I was watching a video done at the 2015 Shot Show that showed a new incarnation of the Taurus View
Guess we'll find out soon if this rumor is true.:D

The NAA Short was not really on my short list. Just kind of a last minute whim. Kinda getting a whim for a Long Rifle version, and maybe a Magnum. Not sure I want the LR/Magnum convertible though. I really don't want one with the big grip/holster thingy.
But now, back on topic.
Picked up the Bulldog today. Feels great, and although a little more gritty and stacking than my LCR it doesn't feel bad for brand new.
Is the fit, and finish that of the fine craftsmanship of a S&W, no. Was the Bulldog eight hundred bucks, HELL NO!:D
Very happy so far. I've got a tournament to fish this weekend, so I'm not going to have a chance to give it a try 'till next week. Hope the weather cooperates. Or, I can brake down and go to one of those indoor very public kinda places.:D

Cheapshooter

Peggysue, how about starting another thread in the general handgun forum with the SHOT Show info as to not hijack this thread any more than we have. Some interesting stuff introduced, and I'm sure there are plenty of TFL members that would like to see, and discuss them. :D

ZVP

The only experience I had with a Bulldog 44 was that it stung my hand like a baseball bat hitting rocks!
Maybe I'm a woss but the .38 Special 158 gr Factory load is about all I want to shoot through a Snubbie! Recoil is brisk enough and the cartrige is a proven fighter!
I am not in this sport for pain!
I have no trouble shooting high end Factory .357 Mags through my Vaquero, it's weight soaks up the kick.
JMHO
ZVP

tallball

I'm lucky. Recoil from the 44 Special/45LC/45ACp crowd doesn't bother me.

My 1911 and my single-action revolvers are easy, but those are all large enough to soak up quite a bit of recoil and they have great big grips to hang onto.

My 44 Special snubbies have big rubbery grips, which helps a lot. They aren't hard for me to shoot.

I am starting to think that recoil for a lot of people is a hand size thing.

So far I have been able to comfortably manage any handgun that I can get a good grip on. I know that my small Kel-Tec P3AT 380 is going to punish my hand with its tiny rough surfaces while I am managing it with a one-and-a-half finger grip. After one box of ammo my hand will be scraped up and sore. Whereas my 1911 has nice big grips that I can get every finger on, and I can shoot it comfortably until I get bored or run out of ammo. 45acp is much more powerful than 380, but I can get a good hold of the 45 as opposed to only part of my hand on the 380.

My daughter is the opposite. She can't hold my medium frame 22 revolver with big grips very well, and doesn't shoot it up to her usual standards. She shoots way better with my Czech .32acp. The 32 round has much more pep than the 22, but she can get a really good hold of the 32 grip and shoots it very well.

And then I looked up and noticed I was rambling...

peggysue

I only have one Bulldog. It is an older one I got in the 1980's called a Back Packer. Magnaported...rather attractive. I have never shot it though. Sr nr under 100. Not too many of them made.