Change in WalMart firearms sales policy...

Poodleshooter

I have a very common name.
It could be worse. A friend has the same name as a rapist from Norfolk. His NICS checks take a loooonnng time. :D

I'm semi-fortunate to be the only person in the nation with my name so far as I can tell. My checks run very,very quickly.

As a practical matter, this decision likely won't affect very many people. Wallyworld is a private enterprise and is free to do what they want. If they decide not to sell, oh well. Other FFLs will step in and take their $25+ transfer fees.

rantingredneck

I can officially report firsthand that Walmart has started selling AR15's in some stores. Garden Rd store in Burlington, NC had a Bushmaster M4 variant in the case this evening for 897.00.

sixgun67

I've noticed more stores returning to firearms sales, also. Good to see it. I can deal with Wallyworld changing policies and such, just as long as they don't try and convince us that a corporate policy is the law. How many times I've had to speak up to the employee when they try and say "it's the law" when we know full well that whatever rule they are following is simply corporate policy.

sixgun

Last edited:

ltc444

I am glad that Wal Mart is beefing up their firearms sales. I hope they start selling pistols again.

I bought my first revolver and Astra 357 mag which was one of the most accurate revolvers I ever owned. I bought my TZ 75 (correction my wifes) which is my favorite 9mm.

In all I have purchased three weapons the two pistols and my Marlin 336 in 30-30.

orangello

I can officially report firsthand that Walmart has started selling AR15's in some stores. Garden Rd store in Burlington, NC had a Bushmaster M4 variant in the case this evening for 897.00.

I didn't note the price or model, but the store in Laurel, Mississippi has some kind of collapsable stock AR in their display. I did not that the firearms area was enlarged recently and that the ammo was moved from behind-the-counter to a locking, plexiglass-covered, quarter of an aisle (presumably for easier viewing).