CCW Belt

geetarman

Nathan,

Right on about Rick Garcia. I have bought 3 from him. Also have 2 from Dillon. The Dillon belts are very nice and the brass buckle is BRASS and not just plated.
I have another from Wright Leather Works. The belt is just ok. The holster on the other hand is really nice. I bought the holster for a PPK and it is really nice. The belt is pretty substantial but there was very little care taken in finishing and trimming. I would not have expected to see such mediocre work on a belt when the holster is so nice. Go figure. . .

Last edited:

jughead2

ccw belt

i have found as i got older it is hard to keep a belt on a foot ball so "graduated" to a shoulder holster. rare times i use belt have to wear suspenders.:(

garryc

No offense, but that sounds like a load of B.S. , issued by your department and good for casual wear ? the only belts suitable for issue would be some type of equipment / gun belt and much wider than 1 3/4, your story of a department issue pants belt and not a uniform belt is rather lame.

My agency does not issue a duty belt at all. I bought my own. This issue belt goes in the pant loops and I put on my duty belt with keepers. This is a simple leather belt, kind of thin, with a garrison buckle. Generally I carry one to three sets of keys, Folger Adams on some of them, OC spray, Cuffs, Metal detector ( just found another shank with that two days ago, guy carried it in the crack of his butt) and a man down alarm. On some jobs I carry a Glock 23 and two extra mags.

The issue belt is a bit thicker than boot leather, but not by much.

JimmyR

Bladetech Looper

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was up seeing a guy about making a kydex holster for a Beretta PX4 I had bought, and had heard great things about this guys work. I had time to kill, so I went to a local gun shop to browse. On their rack of belts, they had some Bladetech belts that looked pretty good. I was wearing the cheap leather off of my Blackhawk CQC belt after 6 months of use, and ended up dropping the cash on it.

BEST DECISION I EVER MADE

This has been 3 years, and the belt looks almost as good as it did when I bought it. I wear this probably 3-4 days a week, and love it. I have a brown belt from Barsony,and if I get tired of it, I will replace it with another Bladetech.

E.J.W.

Just purchased...

I just received my "gun belt" bought from Bull Hide belts. Very nice looking, full 1/4" thick leather, double prong solid brass buckle (other buckles available). Options were many on a wide selection of styles offered. Price was right with the rest of the belt makers out there. It does say their belts run small so when they instruct to add 4 inches to your pants waist size, I went 6 inches as opposed to 4 and it fits just right.
Check out their site before going elsewhere. Great belt, I'm very satisfied.
E.

droptrd

I've been curious about the alien gear belts. I'm currently wearing their cloak tuck 2.0 holster daily. I like it. I wear a carry belt from Hanks Amish.

shootingblanks

I have a BigFoot Gun Belt, which AlienGear is a sister company to.

The belt is well constructed and holds my holster very well.

The first belt was a bit tight so I returned it and they sent me the next size up.

Echo23TC

I have had a Milt Sparks belt for umm, lemme think here... over 15 years. Same damn belt. I wear it almost every day.