CCW Belt

garryc

I just ordered a CCW belt. My normal belt is rather cheap, issued by my department I use it for casual wear also. It is 1-3/4 inch. It stretches and curls.

I am a bit on the thick side around the middle (OK maybe more than a bit) and ain't got much butt. When this belt was new and still stiff it worked well, but that faded quickly with wear.

I IWB carry normally. My usual dress does not include a jacket or vest, just being a Tee shirt and jeans.

I ordered an Alien Gear steel lined belt. The price was OK but that shipping sucks.

T. O'Heir

"...am a bit on the thick side...but that shipping..." That's why I make my own belts. 8 ounce leather tailor made for me.

zincwarrior

Beltmens is good. So are reinforced belts by CompTac and Crossbreed. I think Galco has them as well. My personal view- a good belt is as important as a good holster, which is as important as a good gun.

Skeets

Member in memoriam
Tactical /Instructor Belts

May try the belts at Dillon Precision,excellent quality,plus 100% bulletproof warranty!

Japle

I've been wearing Wilderness Tactical belts (with the insert) for several years. Both OWB and IWB work fine, since it's so easy to adjust the belt size.

I wear a black Frequent Flyer with dress pants and a regular type with jeans.

Highly recommended.

http://www.thewilderness.com/tactical-belts/

ETA: The damn things last forever. I've been wearing a coyote color FF daily for about 4 years. Still looks great.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I'm a big proponent of having a proper belt. I've used an Aker B21 for about 5 years and a DeSantis Econibelt for about 3. Both are serviceable belts that won't break the bank.

Kreyzhorse

A good gun belt is the most important part of every carry rig.

I prefer belts by The Beltman. They are not cheap but they hold up year after year and are cheaper in the long run.

pwalston25

Been Wearing my SOE edc belt with cobra buckle every single day for 3-4 years straight now. I could never see myself switching to anything else

DoctorWho

Belts

"CCW Belt
I just ordered a CCW belt. My normal belt is rather cheap, issued by my department I use it for casual wear also. It is 1-3/4 inch. It stretches and curls. "

No offense, but that sounds like a load of B.S. , issued by your department and good for casual wear ? the only belts suitable for issue would be some type of equipment / gun belt and much wider than 1 3/4, your story of a department issue pants belt and not a uniform belt is rather lame.

Sharkbite

No offense, but that sounds like a load of B.S. , issued by your department and good for casual wear ? the only belts suitable for issue would be some type of equipment / gun belt and much wider than 1 3/4, your story of a department issue pants belt and not a uniform belt is rather lame.

I doubt he is referring to his Sam Browne equipment belt. More likely the pants belt worn under it. SO, it's not BS just your lack of understanding of the equipment

9x45

Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt, 5 stitch, 1.5" wide. Have worn it daily for over 15 years. Alabama Hooker IWB appendix, Safariland 123 horizontal mag pouch.

image37170.jpg

Minorcan

I like the Daltech Belts. They have casual and dress belts in different widths and thicknesses with or without liners. Mine hold up well and keep there shape for a long time. They are reasonably priced so I usually get two when I order to save on shipping charges. They also make nice holsters. Here's a linky

https://www.daltechforce.com/

Skadoosh

Ares Gear "Aegis Enhanced'.

Ares-Gear-Aegis-Enhanced-with-knife-light-pistol-mags-mounted-1.jpg

Best carry belt I have ever worn...understated (doesn't broadcast "Tactical!") but in a highly functional and durable package, which is what I look for in a carry belt. And I have worn a more than a few.

Pond James Pond

The only "gun-belt" I've found were I live was a leather belt with a sort of stiff plastic core layer running its length made by 5.11 Tactical.

It's stiff enough to support my Redhawk and was able to withstand the tectonic pressure of my post-christmas waist! That pressure is receding, thank goodness....