CCL: How much?

DMacLeod

100 for either 5 or 6 years (resident) I think they changed it to 6 years now.

100 for 1 year for nonresidents

GWbiker

Was $19 for five years in Pennsylvania, when I lived there. Photo and finger print taken but no CCL course necessary. Took several days for the background check for average citizens.

In Arizona, it's about $65 for the mandatory CCL 8 hour training course, then another $65 for the CCL card, good for five years. Takes upwards of one month to get CCL card, 'cause FBI has to review the new fingerprint card which holds up the process!! :confused:

dave421

Actual permit here in NC is $80 for 5 years iirc. $10 for fingerprints. Classes seem to range from about $60 to $280 depending on location.

EastSideRich

In Minnesota the class will cost you about $100-$150, and the permit will run you $100 paid to the sheriff's dept.
Good for 5 years.

Last edited:

ChicagoTex

The "great" state of Texas demands $140/4 years for it's CHL, plus you have your class fees.
I went to one of the cheaper classes in the state, but it's still $115 the first time around and $90 for a renewal class.
Although recent legislation says after going through one first-time class and one renewal class you can waive further renewal classes.

Looks like Texas is one of the most expensive CHL-issuers around.

harleybass47

110.00 ccw 95.00 class two boxes ammo four nights classes 1 day range 1st time renewal 55.00 ccw 37.00 four hour class in central calif more down south

lafd04

First the course for however much that costs then I belive 35 bucks for the state 35 for the town and then 20 for the feds. Then once you get the permit its 35 bucks to renew every 5 years in conn

WESHOOT2

What is your cost for a "Freedom of Speech" license?

Here's hoping the Supremes rule that any 'fee' for such be declared unlawful.

In Vermont no "license" or "permission" is required for a US citizen not otherwise restricted to carry a concealed firearm.

Logical, lawful, and correct.

squarepeg

Looks like prices very withing states as well. I just paid $125 in IN, compared to the $90 shown above. My local municipality charged $50 and the state charged $75. Everybody wants their cut.

Gbro

dbl bbl.. posted
Minnesota the class will cost you about $100-$150, and the permit will run you $100 paid to the sheriff's dept.
Good for 5 years.

GREATER MN, a class is average $60.00(in my area, I charge $55)
$100 is max Some county's are charging less, (Washington Co. is $75)
Renewals are $75.00(max) and again a class(certificate of training not more than 1 year old) ($50-$60)