CC a 686 plus

Kreyzhorse

They are easy to CCW in winter. Summer, I prefer something smaller as I don't feel they conceal as well under something light weight like a t-shirt.

stormyone

Savit260 wrote
<<<An untucked T shirt is all that's really required to conceal a mid sized revolver like and L frame for someone of average height and build>>>

It seems that most people disagree with you.
You are the equal of that one guy who claims that he pocket carries a Glock 26.
A 7 shot 357 revolver is just too uncomfortable to carry IWB. OBW on a belt? Yeah, maybe. OWB is more doable for winter carry when most people wear coats or jackets.

But you keep carrying those thick 7 shot revolvers IWB. More power to you brother.

Pointshoot

Its hilarious when people argue about what can and cannot be comfortably carried. Your opinions are only relevant to you and your particular circumstances. I've concealed carried 4" barrel N frames in 45Colt, 44 Special, and 44 Mag. (And a 686+ at times.) - - - The 'right answer' is . . . it all depends.

revolver686

I conceal carry a 686-4 2.5-inch in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB. Mine is a six shot, but the seven shot has the same diameter cylinder. IWB is comfortable enough for me.

tomrkba

Savit260 wrote
An untucked T shirt is all that's really required to conceal a mid sized revolver like and L frame for someone of average height and build

A 7 shot 357 revolver is just too uncomfortable to carry IWB. OBW on a belt?

Yeah, maybe. OWB is more doable for winter carry when most people wear coats or jackets.

But you keep carrying those thick 7 shot revolvers IWB. More power to you brother.

You are talking to someone who carries a Ruger Alaskan in the appendix position. You just need to know the tricks and exert some willpower.

The secrets to pocket carrying a Glock 26/27/33 are:

1) Carry in a large pocket.
2) Stuff a rag into the pocket and break up the outline.
3) Carry it in a pocket holster
4) Pleated pants help hide the gun.
5) Wear a gun belt.

I am current carrying a Ruger GP100 with four inch barrel and two Comp II loaders on my belt. The gun is in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. The only improvement I need to make is install boot grips on the gun to give me more leeway. If carrying this gun is impossible, then I am violating the Laws of the Universe with only my will (and products from Milt Sparks and Comp-Tac).

A1BF69C2-4216-4DD5-B8FE-4483AE34DE75-5420-000009A1E059B6A4_zps018d504e.jpg

Last edited:

FM12

I sometimes carry a 4" 686 in my hip pocket of my jeans, covered by a shirttail. Snot much of a problem.

savit260

Savit260 wrote
<<<An untucked T shirt is all that's really required to conceal a mid sized revolver like and L frame for someone of average height and build>>>

A 7 shot 357 revolver is just too uncomfortable to carry IWB. OBW on a belt? Yeah, maybe. OWB is more doable for winter carry when most people wear coats or jackets.

Most people that disagree are probably carrying their revolver in a $20 multi- fit nylon holster supported by a $10 department store belt.

I don't carry a mid sizes 7 shot revolver, but I do carry a Large Frame 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk, or a 5 1/2" Colt New Service 1917 (full size double action ) regularly IWB. Both of which are noticeably larger than an L frame S&W.

As I said before, the key is a quality belt/ holster combo. The belt carries the weight, and the holster pulls it up tight to the body. Not much more difficult than a J frame in the same position.

Sure some body types might not be able to pull that off, but for someone of average build and height , a mid size (like an L frame) 4" revolver isn't hard to conceal at all, given a quality belt/holster.

Here's a pic for ya with the Blackhawk... untuck the T shirt and the thing disappears.

Last edited: